Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my fellow owners, please can you help me?
I have just become the proud owner of a late 54 plate 2.0 lx auto and I love it, what I need to know is are there any headlight protectors available for our cars and what is the best polish to use on panther black to keep it looking stunning?

Many thanks for any help you can give.

Geezmo :thankyousign:

·
Registered
12,423 Posts
hi mate welcome to meg, the best polish to use is meguires, fantastic stuff, and really does bring a nice new look to your paint work

lee

·
Formerly known as cilla black
15,701 Posts
dont know about headlight protectors but meguiars glod class shampoo the meguiars nxt tech wax, oh, welcome to MEG by the way. :L

·
Big Megger
193 Posts
hi mate, on about polish maguires is the best but close to magiures is simple solutions chaffurers edge which is avalible at half the price a 1 liter bottle is 5.99 and very effective it leaves your paint work like silk i should know its my trade. www.simplesolutions.co.uk or telephone 01603880777. as far as i know they dont do any headlight protectors as yet.
the polish above is located in norfolk but they do mail order on their whole range which is very good.
my turn to ask a quick question do you know of a cheep rear spoiler RS for a mk1 hatch good luck with the polish if you want to try before you bye pay the postage and i will send you a capful
karl

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Guys thanks for the great welcome and all the advice. Dont know why it took me so long to discover how wonderful Modeos are, and the people who own them, but I know now.

Mark aka Geezmo
--------------------------------------------------

Mk3 Lx Hatch 2.0 Auto Panther Black Feb 05 12049 Miles, bought it on the internet for £7200
Picked it up friday, Mint!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Hi mate,

Welcome to the site! I don't know what headlight covers would suit your car, but as for car polish I'd recommend Mer car polish. I use it on my own car (which is also Panther Black) and it brings it up at treat. It really enhances the shine, and one other advantage I've noticed is that when birds s**t on your car the acid that the excrement contains doesn't damage the paintwork, as the polish forms a protective barrier that stops it from eating into the paintwork. You can get it from Halfords and most other car accessory stores. Enjoy the site.

Zac

·
Registered
482 Posts
Welcome to MEG fella, I would have to agree with my fellow meggers, you would be hard pressed to find a better polish than Meguiars, they stock the full range in Halfords or you can order it from Speeding here: Click me

·
Never knowingly understood
23,164 Posts
Welcome to MEG Mark. or is that welcome to MEGuires, lol.

Andy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts