Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
Not tried it, and dont really intend to. I have heard if you are on version 2 onwards and try to downdrade it can possibly go tits up. I would do a lot of searches, and ask on some PSP forums before attempting.

·
Soldier of Fortune
1,806 Posts
If you downgrade, isn't that when you run the risk of bricking your PSP if you try to run, er, dodgy merchandise?

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
Yeah, its so you can run the homebrew softwares, but I have heard that the downgrade will totally knacker the PSP. As I said above, proceed with caution!

·
Lifetime GOLD Megger
3,999 Posts
you can only downgrade if you are version 2.00 or lower, if you are 2.01 or above you are screwed at the mo.

for versions 15.1 or 1.52 you need to upgrade to 2.00 first, then once you are at v2.00 you use the thumbnail hack to downgrade to v1 then use sony's 1.50 update to get it to 1.50 and play copies etc. It is a scary procedure but i watched my mate do it and if you follow atep by step correctly you will have no problems.

http://www.psphacking101.com/

this site has a lot of info or search for psp hacks/hacking in google

·
Lifetime GOLD Megger
3,999 Posts
now you can even get GTA working with UMD Emulator and MPH Loader, you will also want Fast Loader

·
Lifetime GOLD Megger
3,999 Posts
No probs mate, Good Luck.

If you get stuck PT me and i will try to help out where possible

1 - 8 of 8 Posts