Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I drive an Mk2 Mondeo estate with standard 14" rims, and have been offered the 15" alloys from a Mondeo Verona.

My question is - do I need to do anything special apart from just swapping the wheels over? Does it need a new geometry setup? Does the speedo need adjusting (I suppose the wheels will make fewer revolultions now)?

My car runs very low at the moment (scraping those crappy London speed half-bumps) so I was thinking of getting the ride height looked at anyway, so this might be the right time...

Many thanks,
J

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply.

By correct adjusted profile, do you mean using a lower profile tyre so that the overall diameter remains the same?

I suspect that the existing tyres will make the overall diameter bigger, and they are pretty new so I don't want to spend extra on new tyres if I can help it.

My TomTom consistently reports a lower speed than my speedo at the moment though... so maybe my speedo is a little conservative. Is there anywhere I can go to actually check this?

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
yes to the first question, doubtfull and i dont know to the second :L

·
Now in the Far East...
2,727 Posts
If the overall diameter remains the same the speedo should not be far out.. will only by 1-2%, which should be acceptable...

14" rim.. what tyres are you using?

I am having 15" rim at the moment.. (Mk2 TD) and the tyres i am using at the moment is 195/60/R15 88H (or V)

Phil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.