Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Megger
51 Posts
When i first got my Mondeo, on start-up, as it goes through it's "boot" the orange low fuel light is the last to go out and all is well. Just recently, the orange fuel light does not light up at all and the speedo and fuel guage doesn't work. After driving for a while the orange low fuel light winks on and the speedo starts to work at the same time.
It seems to take longer for the speedo to start working the longer i leave the car in between drives. This morning was different. The speedo worked from the outset but 10 mins down the road it stopped and the low fuel light came on. After another 10 mins the low fuel light went out and the speedo swung back to life.
I've been pretty puzzled by all this. I've had theories concerning perhaps a broken track on a circuit board and as it warms up it closes and starts to work. Or a broken component behaving the same way. I seem to be observing a correlation between ambient temp and length of drive it needs to strt working again. The colder the air temp, the longer the drive. But this may be just the problem getting worse as this recent cold snap arrived. Has anyone come accross this before?

Cheers!

Les

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
sounds like a faulty connection i would check fuses as a precatution too ni idea which ones though.

·
Megger
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mhalnes said:
Hi.
Got the same problem.
Have you foud the solution?
Was explaining the fault to someone yesterday after speedo had been off for two days. Mentioned bumpy roads and possible loose connection and then i thought "Just bash it!" So I gave the dash a sharp thump just above the speedo and Lo and Behold! it worked!

So at least we now have an area to look for the dodgy connection, bloody hard to get too though I think...

Les

1 - 6 of 6 Posts