Ford Automobiles Forum banner

Questions. Coming back to the Mondeo.

3K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  scooby120 
#1 ·
Hey everyone.

Considering coming back to the Mondeo brand again.

Had a few over the years and at the moment spotted a 2018 ST line estate.
So much has changed over the years so looking for for help and advise.

A few questions of you guys could help out.

So looking at a few of the ST Lines I see ST line, ST Line x & ST Line Edition. Can't seem to figure out what the difference actually is. Anyone ?

A few with the same year look to have different front ends/Fog lights. Some look to have DRL in fog others have circular fog. What's the difference ?

Powershift ? Decent and worth it ?

Anything I need to look out for ? Wanting a loaded with spec one and used to be able to go through Etis to check but tried a few and they aren't showing the spec/build. Any ideas.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi Paul,

Are you saying you cannot use etis yourself.

All the build info is still on etis but you have to register in a bit more of a lengthy process now.

ST Line X is more equipped than just ST

Difference in fog looks is down to what headlights it has, either standard or the adaptive LEDs (LEDs are brilliant - leave standard lights, even if you upgrade the bulbs, for dead)

If you want auto on Mk 5s, diesels are all Getrag powershift - Petrol are torque converter type called 6F35 made in house by Ford USA.

I like the Getrag Powershift - had my Mk4.5 Titanium X Sport for 5 years, and 50,000 miles, loved it

Why an ST Line - find the right Titanium with all the "kit" on like/similar to my Mk5 below and it is a by far better specced veh

Reactions: P4ulG
#3 ·
Reactions: P4ulG and TreborB
#4 ·
Sorry Paul, I was not totally correct in my 2nd para

As it states in the "differences" section of the brochure that Peter has added link to - you need the "Edition" version to get one with decent kit on

#5 ·
Hi Paul,
Are you saying you cannot use etis yourself.
All the build info is still on etis but you have to register in a bit more of a lengthy process now.

ST Line X is more equipped than just ST

Difference in fog looks is down to what headlights it has, either standard or the adaptive LEDs (LEDs are brilliant - leave standard lights, even if you upgrade the bulbs, for dead)

If you want auto on Mk 5s, diesels are all Getrag powershift - Petrol are torque converter type called 6F35 made in house by Ford USA.
I like the Getrag Powershift - had my Mk4.5 Titanium X Sport for 5 years, and 50,000 miles, loved it

Why an ST Line - find the right Titanium with all the "kit" on like/similar to my Mk5 below and it is a by far better specced veh
Thanks TreborB. Great help and glad to see the forums are still great so many years after being in here last.

I tried Etis. I can see the car just no spec. I was using mobile right enough and not computer. I'll have a go on laptop.

Ah that makes sense as the car had LEDs. Yeh I have them in my XC90. Amazing difference.

It's a 180 diesel. Not bothered if Petrol or diesel. Just wanting a full spec'd one to be fair.

I had the mk4 2.2 Tit X Sport. Loved it.
I've upsized over the years and currently have an XC90 fully loaded. I'm downsizing as not being used enough and assumed the ST was the better/loaded as I want to keep as many of the spec as I have now when I change. So will go have a look at a loaded Titanium too. As there are not many about with spec. And not interested in buying new as better burning the money I'd lose in the first few months.

#6 ·
#7 ·
Hi Paul,

If you can access etis you should have no problem on comp or laptop.

Once you have the veh info on the page just click on the + signs on RH side of page and it will drop down with full veh info.

The Mk5 is a bit of a pain - not like a Mk4.5 Titanium X that came with all the kit on - on the Mk5 you almost have to "build your own car with options" when ordering from new.

Thats why you will see so many varying specs

Reactions: malford and P4ulG
#8 ·
Hi Paul,
If you can access etis you should have no problem on comp or laptop.
Once you have the veh info on the page just click on the + signs on RH side of page and it will drop down with full veh info.

The Mk5 is a bit of a pain - not like a Mk4.5 Titanium X that came with all the kit on - on the Mk5 you almost have to "build your own car with options" when ordering from new.
Thats why you will see so many varying specs
I see the Etis issue now. Need to be fully registered as a business now. Wasn't like that years ago. Will just need to read up on all the spec sheets and make sure I tick them off.

#9 ·
I will send you a pm re etis tomorrow

Reactions: P4ulG
#11 ·
PM me your reg or VIN and I will try it and see what I get

Reactions: redwing
#12 ·
I am having the same problem with ETIS as PaulG. I can enter my reg or VIN and up pops my car but just year, model, engine and colour, No + sign or any more info.

Am I missing something ?
You need to be logged in to ETIS to see more than that now. Click the Login or Register link in the top right corner and if needed register yourself an Independent Operator (IO).

#15 ·
Hi

I could never own the MK4, just never liked look of front of car. MK5 is a totally different animal.

The biggest problem with updating to newer models of any make is the addition of more and more sophisticated electronics. Unfortunately it looks as if skill level of Technicians can't keep up with the pace.

Peter

#17 ·
Are you not happy today Vlad :mad:

Reactions: Vlad Soare
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.