Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My remote key started working intermittently, after replacing batteries, the dash light says reprogramming successful but does not work, got another key of e-bay and it is the same. Could it be a receiver problem? If so where is it and how do i find out? And how do i replace? Mk11 2.0l Ghia X.

·
Registered
5 Posts
On a similer vain, the 'lock' button on my 3 button remote no longer works, but the 'unlock' and boot buttons stll do.
Does it matter what serial number key I would buy? seen them on ebay, my serial number (on the inside of the button part as oppossed to the blade part) ends AA, would a AB,AC etc remote work with my car (2000 mk 2 )?
Thanks in advance

·
MEG Corporal
1,387 Posts
Why doesn't the button work, has it gone all sort of soft, that happened to mine, I stripped it down, and the button had fallen off the circuit board, so I soldered it back on, and it works again now.

·
Ugly Little Mo Fo
3,428 Posts
try disconnecting the alarm module for 15-20 mins then reprogramming, discharges static, needed to do it on m8's ghia and an st24 m8.

hope this helps :L

·
Love my cheap to run Mondy's
658 Posts
chrisland said:
Just read your problem,I had the same.The module is located under the dashboard just above the pedals.Unplug both plugs from this for atleast 10 minutes then reconnect.
Alternatively, just disconnect the battery for ten minutes or so. Lately, it's been happening to mine once a month.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.