Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
MEG Admiral
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question. At what point on the temp gauge should the radiator fan kick in? I know it's supposed to be 100 degrees, but where's that on the dial?

·
Turbo Boost Me!
1,018 Posts
On mine its just over half

·
MEG Admiral
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's interesting, as mine doesn't seem to come on at all. It doesn't go into the red, but in heavy traffic it's very close, and smells hot afterwards.

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
if the mk1 gauge is as inaccurate as the one on my mk 3 it could be anywhere , my gauge goes to just under half and sits there rock solid , the interesting thing is , if i use the diagnostics on the dashboard the real temperature of the engine can be about 50 deg c when the gauge is showing halfway , then the digital readout climbs to around the 90 deg c mark , i reckon the point of my tale is the car may not be anywhere near warmed up even though the gauge is showing warm , i.e. dont rag the car too hard as it is potentially nowhere near warm , lecture over :kaffeetrinker_2: :} :} :}

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.