Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Little Megger
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

This forum looks like a great resource for all us Mondeo owners.

I have a '54' Plate 1.8LX and need to replace the front discs and pads. I have taken a look at one side using my trolley 2 ton jack and an axle stand for backup.

However my question is how do I go about lifting the whole front up or can I do one side, insert the stand, then do the other side and insert the other stand.

Is there any safer or better way such jacking it up on a part of the front subframe for example I noticed the bar that the front bumper goes down and connects to and then just insert one stand on either side and get on with the job?

Many thanks in advanced,
Richard

·
Megger
2,361 Posts
I have only ever done one side at a time rather than lift the entire front. I don't think it is possible as for me, it is virtualy impossilbe to get a trolley jack under any part of the front sub-frame. I would assume that a plank would be used to spread tha load, but that only makes getting a jack under, even more difficult.

·
Mondeo Lover
823 Posts
I've always jacked one side up then put an axle stand under it, then onto the other side and axle stand under it, never had any problems like this.

Reactions: ul9601

·
Hiding under a Rock
659 Posts
it is a bit of a hassle to jack both sides but like the others said, there are no real other ways to get around that.
just done tyre rotation. what a pain that was.

·
Mosquito
290 Posts
Richard,

When removing wheels, ALWAYS err on the side of caution to lessen the risk of accidents.

When changing discs which involves the removal of a wheels, ONE side at a time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts