Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Megger
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What ho one and all,

Some time ago, I replaced the front wishbones and tie rod ends. This waas done becaue SWMBO was getting anxious about a 'noise' she could hear as a passenger, but I cannot (age related higher frequencies going!!) The result of replacing was that the 'rattle' went and also it improved a noise from the OS front when going over bumps.

Now, according to her, it has returned (I don't like driving in this car..it is so old you should get a new one.)

I know there are some noises from the rear which I suspect would be cured by replacing the rear suspension arms, but she says this sounds like milk bottles rattling together.

At a guess, what do you think it could be? Bearing? That usually would not rattle. Engine mount?

Thanks and toodle pip

·
Resident Wrestling Legend
4,193 Posts
i've got a rattle from behind the rear seat, but it's coming from inside the car
several miles with kids and wife in the back has got us nowhere so i've given up and will live with it

·
Megger
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since I cannot hear it, I can live with it, but SWMBO reckons the car is falling to bits and she says she does not feel safe! I should tell her, in that case, I will not drive you anywhere, you can walk, but that would be grounds for a verbal lashing!!!!

Heat shield; do you mean the one the protects the exhaust? Apparently, she only hears it when going over bumps, holes. etc, not general driving.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts