Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hiya

I've got an 01 Mondeo Estate & have been experiencing some noise this week from near side rear wheel. Popped the wheel off & the outer pad looks like it's down to the backing!

The problem i have is that i can't seem to move the handbreak cable lever to enable me to remove the cable to free up the caliper. I've got a Haynes manual, but in typical Haynes fashion it simple states 'move lever forward' & i can't move the thing at all?

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm sure there's probably a knack to doing this :D

Thanks in advance
Scott

·
Premium Member
19,696 Posts
when i did mine to paint them i stuck a brick either side of the front wheels & then let the handbrake off.

went to the caliper & there was a little movement in the lever on the caliper so was able to push it towards the front of the car with one hand while using the other hand to pull the cable to rear of the car until it could come clear ( if its tight then use of pliers to help may be needed )

just dont do like i managed to do & knock the cable toward the front of the car once its free from the caliper as the auto adjuster for the handbrake then takes over & means a lot of dismantling to get it sorted again as i could not pull the cable back out again :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.