Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Very Important
65 Posts
After having a little bump in the works car park today, I need to pay out to replace a MK2 mondeo's rear bumper.

What is a rough guide for replacing a bumper including painting (the colour is metallic silver)? The guy's first quote from Ford is £200 just for the bumper before painting and labour, this seems very costly to me.

The car I bumped is a MK2 mondeo 2.0 SI hatchback.

Many thanks :D

·
MEG Commander
3,573 Posts
I would expect a Ford dealer to charge around £300 + VAT fitted and painted for genuine parts.

You can get insurance approved "pattern" parts for much less, but the guy might not be happy with that. Alternatively you could buy a second hand bumper for say, £20 - 50 and have that painted and fitted to his car.

Just be glad he didn't have RSAP.

·
Ugly Little Mo Fo
3,428 Posts
have a look ebay m8, painted from around £120 :L

·
Premium Member
3,432 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Don't go through Fraud's.

I need to replace my rear bumper too, and after a bit of looking around this is the deal I got:

Bumper: £37 primed off eBay
Fitted: £60 for the day's labour plus £20 paint.

£117 supplied, fitted and painted. Considering I was going to claim my insurance and pay the £350 excess, I'm pretty pleased.

I hope the guy is reasonable, and as long as you get a decent quality bumper off eBay it should be good as new!

·
Very Important
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just to bounce this one up with an update. Sorted outside the insurance for £150, he is getting a pattern model and having it sprayed for mates rates by someone he knows that works in a bodyshop. It's all good :)

Still got to find a replacement one for mine though.. *keeps looking*

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.