Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a mondeo titanium x 2010 hatchback I can only open hatch by using keyfob does not open with button on drivers door can anyone help would appreciate thanks

·
Big Megger
3,029 Posts
Are you saying there's a button on the drivers door to open the boot, that no longer works?
I wasn't aware the Mondeo had such a function.

·
Super Moderator
29,548 Posts
I was thinking the same, button on the door? Which model had a button on the door to open the boot?

Auto correct? should be boot door? Faulty micro switch?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you saying there's a button on the drivers door to open the boot, that no longer works?
I wasn't aware the Mondeo had such a function.
Yes next to the mirror and door handle well I think that is what it is for has the sign of a lock in the undone position and when pressed nothing happens tested and has 12volt
I was thinking the same, button on the door? Which model had a button on the door to open the boot?

Auto correct? should be boot door? Faulty micro switch?
Thanks any idea where the micro switch is ?

·
Big Megger
3,029 Posts
Yes next to the mirror and door handle well I think that is what it is for has the sign of a lock in the undone position and when pressed nothing happens tested and has 12volt

Thanks any idea where the micro switch is ?
Can you take a picture of it?

Sent from my J8210 using Tapatalk

·
Big Megger
3,029 Posts
Hi hears a photo of switch in door handle right hand drive View attachment 257755
Is that to lock the doors from the inside or is that what the small lever above the door pull is for?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is that to lock the doors from the inside or is that what the small lever above the door pull is for?

Sorry about this just found out that the button in question works well when doors are locked from inside to undo them. Never locked doors from inside before. But still can only open hatch with key fob have to press twice is this Wright ?

·
Super Moderator
29,548 Posts
There should be a switch on the boot handle to open it.

·
Big Megger
3,029 Posts
Sorry about this just found out that the button in question works well when doors are locked from inside to undo them. Never locked doors from inside before. But still can only open hatch with key fob have to press twice is this Wright ?
As Purple says, there's a button above the number plate in the centre. It feels rubbery, just press it
The double click you say to open it is for when the cars locked and you don't want to unlock the whole car

·
Super Moderator
29,548 Posts
No supply? It just earths when pressed there is no power at that point.

·
Big Megger
3,029 Posts
Have you pressed the boot button whilst the cars unlocked to see if it unlocks?
When you were pressing the interior door lock button, I'm guessing you were sat in the car with the doors shut, didn't you hear the doors locking / unlocking?

·
Super Moderator
29,548 Posts
What year is the car and what model spec?

Got me wondering what is there on my car, too lazy to go out to it. :D

·
Big Megger
3,029 Posts
There is no hatch release button. The picture you've shown is to activate the central locking.
We've established that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Have you pressed the boot button whilst the cars unlocked to see if it unlocks?
When you were pressing the interior door lock button, I'm guessing you were sat in the car with the doors shut, didn't you hear the doors locking / unlocking?

Yep tried everything but noticed no fuse in FA5 rear fuse box will try to day
There is no hatch release button. The picture you've shown is to activate the central locking.
Thanks I found that out

1 - 17 of 17 Posts