Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have had a go at fitting them in my mk3 buti cant decide on the best place to hide them , can anyone who has done this let me know what they consider to be the best place for them :L

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not yet , just using 501 bulbs :whistling:

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorted , had a look under the seats and found a steel bar running across them , a bit of self amalgamating tape and i am good to go , i think i will wait until it gets dark and see what it looks like properly :L

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
took one without flash but it was really dark so i had to play about with photoshop so it dont look so good , you get the idea though :whistling: :D

Attachments

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
all i need now is my led's and it will be like blackpool inside :first:

·
Formerly known as cilla black
15,701 Posts
i put mine in the side of the trim cos the seats soaked up most of the lights, pics are in the workshop forum....

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
wcavanagh said:
LOL, where did you splice into for the feed?
i just joined them into the wiring for the front ones and fed the wires along the plastic trim along the sills :L

johnnyb said:
i put mine in the side of the trim cos the seats soaked up most of the lights, pics are in the workshop forum....
i thought about that as well , until i thought again about the kids feet and exposed bulb , if you look under the seats there is a metal bar running across the seat that i fixed them to with some self amalgamating tape , and they give off more than enough light for me :L

·
Nottz Megger
2016 Focus MK3 Titanium + City Pack + Sync3 + MK3.5 IPC
1,942 Posts
johnnyb said:
http://www.fordmondeo.org/workshop/pmwiki.php?n=Electrical.RearFootwellLEDs
Im going to attempt this mod because my cold cathode kept getting broken just quick question I got a pair of 5led 501 wedge type bulbs and wondering if these bulb holders will do the job:
1 (Single) 3mm Chrome Led Holder may need bigger size but wasnt too sure if these would work.

It does say at the bottom of the page
"Customers who bought this product also purchased"
"(501) Wide Angle Red Led 30% Brighter"

Any suggestions?

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no , i dont think so , you can see the tails of the single led poking out of it , try here :L , although if i was going tu use them i would be hiding them out of the way instead of drilling into the side plastics , for me it would look damn ugly :headshake:

·
Nottz Megger
1,942 Posts

·
15,701 Posts
paulyoung666 said:
no , i dont think so , you can see the tails of the single led poking out of it , try here :L , although if i was going tu use them i would be hiding them out of the way instead of drilling into the side plastics , for me it would look damn ugly :headshake:
mine dont look damn ugly thanks. :headshake:

·
Nottz Megger
1,942 Posts
I dont think they look damn ugly either :L

What type of bulb holder did you use just the normal footwell light one? I was just gonna drill a hole and probably just hot glue gun around the back of it first...

·
15,701 Posts
yes mate, its the normal footwell holder, can get them on ebay for a couple of quid, if you drill the hole small enough they will stay in place when fitted from the back, no need for glue.

·
Nottz Megger
1,942 Posts
Had a look at the one on ebay but £6.99 seems abit too much for bulb holders. Still in two minds, dont know if I should put them in the side or put under the seats.

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
apologies for the damn ugly bit , it was just my take on it :( , i may be biased somewhat with having little feet about that like to kick things and i thought they would be better hidden away under the seats , even with a normal 501 bulb they provide a good spread of light into the rear footwells , at the end of the day it is down to personal prefernce , however you go about it i reckon you will be pleased with the effect :first:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts