Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, got in me car saturday morning to go to work (6.30) switched the lights on and all the dash lights were'nt working, thought to myself it's just a fuse and i'll change it after work. but when i got work i was informed that my rear lights were not working aswell!! so i checked all the fuses under the glove box but they all looked ok. all the other lights etc are working fine and ive even changed the rear bulbs but still no luck, can't beleive something so simple seems to have baffled me :annoyed: please help.

·
LED Extraordinaire
8,458 Posts
Theres a problem with the plug on your light switch (common fault)..... pull off the suround, unplug the switch and look in the end of the plug, the contacts will need pushing back together.

·
MEG Corporal
533 Posts
Whilst cleaning the contacts might give some return to normal, I suspect that in the long run a switch replacement will be the answer. I've not known many that have lasted very long before the lights go odd again!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok chaps, been outside and managed to get the casing off ok and unplugged it all and had a look at the connections but could'nt really see alot due to it been dark outside so i plugged it back in nice and hard, gave the wires a wiggle and hey presto they were working again :woot: but they kept going on and off a bit as i was putting it all back in but worked fine once it was all back together, i think i'll have another look in the daytime just to see if i can get a bit better connection, but it'll do for now and if it's still a bit dodgy after xmas i'll probably invest in a new switch. but cheers for the advice guys if it were'nt for you lot i'd still be scratching my head wondering whats up with it. cheers andy :L :thankyousign:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.