Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
My rear wheel setup (9.5X20 et 46 265/30/20) have "killed" the bushings in the rear suspension,
The rear lower controlarms are now super soft and the rear of the car "turns" when driving over the white markings of the road. it´s the inner/upper bushing that make the wheel "turn" and the wheel can easily be pushed over a centimeter rear and forward!!

Ford "is thinking of the enviroment" and therefore the only sell the lower controlarms as a complete unit! Why? they cost about 1080£ here in sweden!!.....

I can´t find any replacement bush for the mondeo, but what about the Fusion? do they have the same bushings? also the Mustang have a similar controlarm.

/Andreas...

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Gear Automotive design

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

·
Registered
2,430 Posts

·
Megger
822 Posts
Looking at the polycraft site I see something that I have seen before on other parts sites... the Mondeo is listed as "Mondeo CNG" ... did they really do a compressed natural gas variant? Or does CNG pertain to something else in this instance?

·
Megger
822 Posts
Just realised that website is based out of Lviv, Ukraine. I imagine delivery times might be a little extended 🙈

·
Super Moderator
31,434 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got a tip before that there was a Ukrainian dealer that had these parts but then i was not able to open their web! Thanks for the link.
Hope they are ok.....

I hade same problem, dealers change both sides on my car. Crappy shit my car was on warranty.
Skickat från min SM-A405FN via Tapatalk
Mine have to many km´s for any warranty, and when i asked about if theere was any known problem with these bushings they told me that they have not changed any controlarms at all!

Just realised that website is based out of Lviv, Ukraine. I imagine delivery times might be a little extended 🙈
Hope they are ok....

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Hi

Might be worth checking with other poly bush manufacturers.

Peter

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hi guys any update on these bushes as mine are nackered as well and would prefer to put polys in it cheers
No reply from Moog, Powerflex confirmed that the insert "bushing" for the Mustang is for the lower controlarms.
I will order set of Mustang bushings and se if they will fit? I can´t change to summer tyres before i have a solution for the bushings....

·
8 gears or more please
TrevorB BMW320 M Sport 2020 M Sport Pro Pack. Tech Pack (Head Up Display)
5,686 Posts
Hi Andreas, hope you are well. Absolutely bad news bushes not available, just complete arms. Was the same in the early days when Mk4 Mondeo came out. Eventually the Mk5 should easily be available but when?
I thought Lemforder in Germany would do them but not listed on their web site.
Is there anything here that is suitable, I have used a Mk5 Mondeo as example veh but I can't be sure anywhere in the list actually refers to what you want.
The Mustang lower arms are a different part number to Mondeo but the bushes could still be the same

·
rab mk1
68 Posts
hi just looked on that site Trevor think the best way is to get all the specs of the bush before ordering any, but that in its self means taking the arm off unless we can find the specs anywhere. cheers Rab

·
Super Moderator
31,434 Posts
Wow confusing or what. I had a good google with the numbers and nothing seemed to match..

That part is available from £3.27 to £20, some sellers say its the upper front or rear mount and others
say its the lower front or rear mount???

·
rab mk1
68 Posts
nevermind the shortcut just found out it for the l shaped upper arm, just watched video on changing the rear arm and going by the video this bush must be about 10 cm wide.

·
8 gears or more please
5,686 Posts
Rab, what/which video are you referring to please.
It looks like the only to find out 100% is to measure the old bush, or maybe get in touch with Delpi?

·
8 gears or more please
5,686 Posts
Rab, the one you mention in your post number 17 is a different arm
See photo of the arm and bush (marked in a circle) in Andrea's first post

1 - 20 of 35 Posts