Ford Automobiles Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
8 gears or more please
TrevorB BMW320 M Sport 2020 M Sport Pro Pack. Tech Pack (Head Up Display)
5,686 Posts
Aaaaah, I knew Alan H would know something about these bushes due to his work on high mileage taxi's. I couldn't find that video on u tube though.
Thanks
There must be bushes available somewhere by now?

·
8 gears or more please
5,686 Posts

·
8 gears or more please
5,686 Posts

·
rab mk1
68 Posts
think the only way to get bushes for this is to get all the specs for the bush and get poly custom made as there is a few places out there that do it, other than buying a full arm.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
think the only way to get bushes for this is to get all the specs for the bush and get poly custom made as there is a few places out there that do it, other than buying a full arm.
Hi "Rab mk1" In the link with Alan the problem seems to be creaking bushings! the one that Alan show is not the one that is soo soft on my car, witch one are the bad bush on your?

Hi Andreas, hope you are well. Absolutely bad news bushes not available, just complete arms. Was the same in the early days when Mk4 Mondeo came out. Eventually the Mk5 should easily be available but when?
I thought Lemforder in Germany would do them but not listed on their web site.
Is there anything here that is suitable, I have used a Mk5 Mondeo as example veh but I can't be sure anywhere in the list actually refers to what you want.
The Mustang lower arms are a different part number to Mondeo but the bushes could still be the same
Ti Trebor! yes everything is fine here! Hope you are well to?
Yes these bushings are not easy to get as a spare part unless you buy a complete arm! We shall save the earth with reusing parts, but why can´t we buy just the sparepart we need? Complete arm! here in Sweden they are expensive....

I will try to order the poly inserts for the Mustang, i give it a try....
When i put a spanner to the wheelnut and have the gear in, not handbrake! (you know no more Powershift for me) Then i can easily make the wheel go forward and backward plus minus 2-3 centimeters, maby more?
and i can easily see that the soft bush is compressing, and because that bushing is in about 45 degrees of the car it make the wheel turn a little.....

Here is the solution from Steeda for the Mustang,

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

And here we can see the bush moving! i can say mine moves more....

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Hi

This company shows several bushes, without really explaining where they go: https://www.euspares.co.uk/parts-catalog/arm-bushes-10672/ford/mondeo/mondeo-v-turnier

Not sure of the quality.

I remember the days when my local Ford Parts Guy would happily run through his stock on the shelves for obscure items from different models. This was when I was looking for parts to adapt or upgrade. They now only seem to stock items for general services, then order in from Germany or other country.

Peter

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
The powerflex bushings for the Mustang finally arrived! not a direct fit, have to cut the inner hole of the bushing insert little bigger to fit in the Mondeo.
now the car is much better to drive, have not yet make any wheel alignment. but its a different car to drive now!
Forgot to take any pics before of the bushing insert !
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive exhaust Bumper
Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car

·
8 gears or more please
5,686 Posts
Glad you got it sorted.
Your engineering experience won over in the end.
Thanks for doing the update

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
hi bud is these the ones you bought
Hi, Yes those are the ones, but you have to make the hole bigger to get them to fit the Mondeo.

Now i have tested the car in heavy rain and it feels ok, before it was a total disaster to drive in rain!

·
rab mk1
68 Posts
cheers bud, i have contacted the company from ukraine they say they are still posting internasionally so think i my try these as its a full bush, works out about £70 for both bushes 1 for each side as if 1 is nackered the other is not far behind

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
cheers bud, i have contacted the company from ukraine they say they are still posting internasionally so think i my try these as its a full bush, works out about £70 for both bushes 1 for each side as if 1 is nackered the other is not far behind
Mine was "only" extremley soft but no damages! if yours are damaged then the complete bushing is better! you have to reply here with how it went out!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts