Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
MEG Corporal
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just had my 2nd set of rear pads fitted at 40k whats going on fronts did 36k, handbrake mod carried out and the calipers are free why do the rears only last 20-22k? no excessive loadings

1.8 Lx mk3 mondy :(

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
theres definately something not right they should last longer than the fronts

·
MEG Corporal
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
according to the stealers 22k for rear pads is ok!! new discs fitted as well as they were below min size at 40K must be made of chocolate

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
i think thats rubbish i had a mk2 TD and i put front pads on it when i got it and did 25k and there was still atleast half left when it went.

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
possibly and only possibly i may have an answer , if the car has a pressure limiting valve to reduce the power transmitted to the rear brakes that is faulty , i.e. not limiting then this could be the result , i would be getting the car to a friendly mot station to get the front / rear balance checked asap because if there is too much braking going to the rear then in my opinion it could well be dangerous to drive :(

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
shepster said:
No mate its rear pads the fronts were renewed at 36k but there was plenty left
yeah i know its the rear but the fronts get used more than the rear that was my point.

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
but not in this case which points back to my post further up the thread :L

·
MEG Corporal
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The car pulls up straight everything ok with the braking effort on MOT rollers etc just seems that it eats rear pads. It has had the handbrake mod etc might just be one of those things like heavy on tyres

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
the mk3's seem to go through tyres quickerthan other cars

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.