Ford Automobiles Forum banner
181 - 186 of 186 Posts

· Clever Clauggs
4,949 Posts
Using Catcar entering different models saloon 4dr and 5dr(hatchback) the cross member subframe are same so assume the bush position is same for both,so far established the rearward bush 1404977 with the V points inwards to the 'O' bush.
Please state which saloon you have makes it easier for us to help.

· Registered
191 Posts
Hello, i went yesterday to MOT with my mondeo mk3 from 2002. It's a saloon 2.0 TDCI and the guy on MOT said that I had to keep an eye on the rarsubframe bushes.

I was thinking to replace them wiith poli bushes but here in belgium it's not allowed and I have to replace them with rubber one, I think of getting FEbi Bilstein ones, I don't know other brands.

Where I am afroid off is that the captive nut can got spinning by lossening de subframe bolt. How can I elliminate that that could happen?

· Registered
191 Posts
In the weekend I have managed to loosen 2 bolts and they where almost in new condition, I put them back with copper grease to remove them back when I replace the bushes. Next weekend I try the other 2.
I must say that 17 years ago the dealer replaced the subframe and I think they had also put the screws back with copper grease.
When I replace the bushes with oem rubber busches, do I have to press the bushes in the subframe with grease or with loctite 243?

181 - 186 of 186 Posts