Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Little Megger
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for best fit tow bar recommendations for best Make with out doing any modifications for 2.2 mk4 hatch titanium x sport please .....

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
29,787 Posts
Westfalia, Witter, Brink, Tow-Trust, PCT, Bosal are all much of a muchness.

Are you after a fixed flange, swan neck or detachable towbar?? A lot will say excludes the

X sport but some do say inc that model. Phone the seller to check it will fit without cutting.

Used to be a place in Nuneaton but they went or went online only? I used PF Jones last time

I bought one.

·
Registered
583 Posts
mine isnt a tit x sport BUT i got my towbar from UR towbars via a seller on ebay. its a fixed swan neck and for the bar itself (not including the electrics) was around £60 new from memory, and its been fine for the last 4+ years and whatever ive thrown at it, it has been fine with.

having looked at them again they do seem to have increased in price, but theyre still the cheapest new towbar available. like this one for example

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fixed-Swan-Neck-Towbar-for-Ford-Mondeo-Hatch-5door-2000-80-2007-14-14084-F-E1/173811549297?fits=Car+Make%3AFord%7CModel%3AMondeo%7CPlat_Gen%3AMK+IV&hash=item2877f9c471:g:pjoAAOSw9Ydcc~AN

or there are the witter versions with a flange like this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Witter-Towbar-for-Ford-Mondeo-Hatchback-Titanium-X-Sport-2007-2015-Flange/282539619077?fits=Car+Make%3AFord%7CModel%3AMondeo%7CPlat_Gen%3AMK+IV&hash=item41c8ac7305:g:1ccAAOSwxKBdXrMN

or you could look around for used bars but they may be difficult to come by for the tit x sport bodykit, if theres a difference

·
Super Moderator
29,787 Posts
First link. Item location Oswestry but the seller if from Italy...

·
Super Moderator
29,787 Posts
They have to warn you of that just in case but its rare that they actually do.

I have a fixed flange towbar and parking sensors on my MK3 estate, no issues at all.

Often the issue is not the towball/flange but the electrical socket sticking too far to the side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts