Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

My local dealer has said that there is a redesigned EGR valve coming from Ford. My stock 2L TDCi auto has had an annoying stutter since new, the infamous 1500/1800 - 2000rpm "misfire". Posts in this forum eventually helped me to diagnose the problem to the EGR valve (thanks folks). I went straight to the dealer (who hadn't been able to diagnose the problem for 2.5 years! "The next software release will fix it..." seemed the best they could do), anyhow I demonstrated the stutter with the EGR valve enabled (vacuum pipe in place). Then I blocked the vacuum pipe, and hey presto no more stutter.

The dealer kept my car for the rest of the day. When I went to collect it, they agreed the EGR was not working properly and said they had been in contact with Ford Technical who told them a new valve design was in the works. Apparently, Ford tech also said this fault affects autos more than manuals, go figure!

Does anyone know if such a valve has made it to the spares/dealers yet?

RTH

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
will that apply to the tddi aswell? or are ford going to forget about us?

·
MEG Corporal
894 Posts
I hope it won't be long, mine is showing the first signs of going belly up after 40k miles, with the car failing to rev for the first 5 seconds after start up and a very slight stutter between 1200 and 1500 revs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.