Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings people of MEG... :tongue:

about to move over here from Vauxhall, but wont hear a bad word said about them :headshake:

Have not bought the Mondeo yet but have lurked here for a day or so and used some of the threads for research. Currently drive a V6 Vectra and my current high mileage makes keeping this car untennable and the chosen (well, not quite chosen yet) is to be some variety of Mondeo TDCi, probably about 2002/2003.

So even though it is slightly premature.. thought I would stick up a thread to say "Hi" and get used to this place, which is a little bit different to my current hang-out at Vauxhall Owners Network.

Anyway - long story, short.... eh, Hello.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Hi there. Welcome to MEG.

Nice option going to the Mondeo. Vaux aint a bad car, the old man has an Omega V6 which is lovely. If your still looking for your Mondeo, then you could be well advised to look at a 2004 TDCi and go for the 2.2 rather than the 2.0. These later engines have some of the niggles found on the earlier ones worked out, and the 2.2 offers greater performance without compromise on the MPG.

Hope you find a nice example of the car you looking for. Look forward to seeing you round the forums and hopefully a few meets too.

·
MEG Sergeant
2,025 Posts
welcome aboard expatscot

·
MEG Admiral
2,634 Posts
welcome to meg mate :L

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Emzils said:
Are you following me???? :whistling: :L

Since i got my ST, ive been hanging around here aswell...

welcome aboard too!!

:D
Damn small world..... did see over on VxON that you had picked up that Mondy recently. Am guessing it is running well. (Was your other scr name - the VxON one - already taken over here?)

Have decided it's a Mondeo I am going to go for just have to find and buy the exact car now...

thanks for the welcome(s) folks

·
Registered
40 Posts
ConcreteMonkey said:
If your still looking for your Mondeo, then you could be well advised to look at a 2004 TDCi and go for the 2.2 rather than the 2.0. These later engines have some of the niggles found on the earlier ones worked out, and the 2.2 offers greater performance without compromise on the MPG.

Hope you find a nice example of the car you looking for. Look forward to seeing you round the forums and hopefully a few meets too.
Took a bit longer than I thought - but then quicker than when it might have been after the new year...

Picked up a 2002 TDCi Zetec (130) a couple of days ago... Would have liked a 2004 or newer one (and a 155 possibly) but the (130) is a great car. Besides I wanted to buy it outright and the piggy bank would not stretch to a newer one at thsi time of year.....

The TDCi (130) Seems as fast as my V6 Vectra (which was an auto - so lost power there), but gets great fuel economy.
Am loving it so far - wont change much about it, the orange indicators will do, and maybe some new alloys sometime and a 'chip' for the ECU, maybe.

On all that note:- I am familiar with the Vauxhall parts and suppliers but are there any good Ford ones for various fitments and stuff like the clear indicators etc..

:L

·
Big Megger
238 Posts
Nice motor that mate, I'll be after one of those aswell. i've also moved from Vaux recently, you'll find the mondeo much better in almost every way!

Welcome to MEG!!

·
MEG Sergeant
2,025 Posts
hello again!! looks like the one on vxon site :gayfight:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.