Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
MEG resident lightbulb changer
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a set of 2l camshafts for my 1.6 mondy. I asked a mechanic for a quote to have the cambelt changed and also asked him if he could do the camshafts. He said I need to check whether it will need a remap.

Does it need to be remapped?

I don't really want to spend a great deal of money on it, so if its going to be to expensive I'll just stick with my 2l throttle body and a bomz kit.

Any advice appreciated :L .
Cheers!

·
Resident LED Guru
2,912 Posts
will the 2.0 cams definatly fit the 1.6? I know they fit the 1.8 because it has an identical head, apart from the combustion chamber. But the 1.6 has smaller valves , so im not sure how compatible they are.

Anyway. the cheapest and possibly easiest option would be to fit a 2.0 ecu

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm preety sure the cams fit the 1.6 with no problems.

With regard to the remap it'll probably run on the standard ECU, but you'll get the best from it with a unichip. (super chip or 2ltr ECU will also work but neither will be ideal for your enigne)

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
the 2.0 cams will be to aggesstive for the 1.6 lump they will fit no problem but it will have no power what so ever and will sound very loud on intake,plus got to be careful of valve clearence to as the 2.0 as longer stroke etc
dont have to remap it can run it normally but will benifit more from it being remapped or chip
better off getting fast road from piper or kent for a 1.6 :L or get your reprofiled to fast road
like i did for my 2.0 so i have set of fast road ready to go in

·
Resident LED Guru
2,912 Posts
2.0 and 1.6 have identical stroke of 88mm. And i dont believe the 2.0 cams will make the 1.6 have no power as the 1.6 has smaller valves. It should have better top end power than the 1.6 cams, but maybe a little less bottom end, but wont make a huge difference down low. Performance 2.0 cams may make it have now power however

·
MEG resident lightbulb changer
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll leave it then till next year or so, might get some of the other camshafts as suggested. Sounds like to much hassle at the moment.

Cheers for the advice guys! :L :L

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.