Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Big Megger
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 95 GLX with a two button infra red remote locking system but i have a slight problem. The car will always unlock on the remote but it wont lock. The light lights up on the remote after about three seconds but nothing happens in the car. Also i cant get it to deadlock at all - by pressing the remote lock button twice (does nothing anyway lol) or by going unlock to lock in the drivers door. My dads 94 ghia beeps when you do this.

Please help lol

·
Big Megger
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Managed to get the remote to code in and it now locks the car as well but still wont deadlock it. Cant figure this one out. Any help is much appreciated.

·
MEG Corporal
1,387 Posts
Hi Nicky, First press on the button locks all the doors, the second press dead locks the doors and arms the alarm, the indicators will flash, or the horn will beep to indicate the alarm has been activated. If there is a door/boot/bonnet open, or the car thinks there is, the alarm wont arm, and the car wont dead lock. Your car thinks a door is open, so it may be a dodgie door switch, a common problem on the Mondie is the bonnet switch. have a look here.

http://www.mirez.co.uk/AlarmProbs.htm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts