Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so some truck hit my lovely Si and the nice people at the insurance company have decided that i should have a lot less money back than what i paid.
so i have decided to buy a cheaper mondeo :)

am about to sign for a 97 GLX 2.0, however, i have one thing on my mind. there doesnt appear to be any remote locking. as far as i was aware, all mondeos after about 96 had remote central locking.

now, im going to be a bit miffed, (and i need some alloys if anyone has anylying about :)) if there is no remote locking, and i was wondering if anyone can point me inthe right direction for installations, prices, help or anything that can help me make up my mind as to whether or not its worth doing the whole DIY self install thing.

shes a lovely car, only 55k on the clock, but she aint no v6, but i already miss my remote locking. the crappy polo they gave me as a courtesy car has just added to my feeling that the mondeo is just the only car to have!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hey.

lee_m05 is your man. I bought a replacement RCL key off him, paid through bank transfer and the key was delivered 2 days later. Followed the instructions on the Mirez site

http://www.mirez.co.uk/KeyProg.htm

and the key works perfectly. If it's a MK2 you'll probably have RF locking, which is the same as myself. No wiring, no problem! :woot: :L

·
Big Megger
234 Posts
help2003 said:
But you need 2 key to program a 3rd
Not to program new fob to the remote central locking but you do need 2 keys to program the PATS.

Ive just done it to mine.

To check if you have RCL look under the dash in the drivers footwell. You will see the alarm module and it will say RF remote central locking(Or simliar words) on it.

Its very easy to program the new key fob. About 15 secs.

Good Luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts