Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
MEG Sergeant
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys how do i remvoe the steering wheel?

saw a leather one in a scrappy today and im gonna get it in the morning, i remeber something about disconnecting the battery etc... but im not sure,

jt

·
MEG Corporal
418 Posts
You need to disconnect battery for at least 15 minutes to prevent the possibility of the air bag going off. Removing wheel is easy enough you need to undo 2 torx bolts in the rear of the wheel to release the airbag centre piece and then just undo the large nut on the centre column. The wheel should then just pull off.

:kaffeetrinker_2:

·
MEG Sergeant
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2 torx bolts?

theres about 6 holes there,

which ones do i need to take off? and what are the others?

john

·
Registered
12,423 Posts
there are 2 holes you need, turn the wheel so the ford logo in the middle is facing to the roof, and locate the 2 torqs bolts you can use an allen key if you desire, and remover the airbag, but remember let the ignition be off for about 20 - 30 mins before hand, as it could go bang in your face and that will hurt

·
MEG Sergeant
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it only came in on tuesday (yesturday) and i was the first to get my claws in to it! lol.

got it off today, thanks for the help, just cleaned and treated the leather now and it looks a treat,

i cudnt disconnect the batttery coz the car was on top of another mondeo lol, i had to climb up to get in it so i took the risk and the air bag didnt go off luckily!

thanks guys
john

1 - 6 of 6 Posts