Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just bought an 05 TDCi Zetec -S with very nice 18" alloys. BUT i can't fit snowchains to them if I need to on my annual ski holiday. :sad: I need standard 16" wheels with 205/ 55 / 16 tyres. Steel would be ok, but I can't find any on ebay or thro' my local breakers. Anybody got any for sale with good tyres - or recommend a salvager i could try? I live in Berks. Need them for Feb 1/2 term hols in 5 weeks. Cheers! Really impressed with the car so far, handles much better than my previous zetec.

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
why cant you fit snowchains , the rolling radius will be the same as a 16" wheel , or is it the depth of the sidewall that is the problem !!!! , pity you live a fair way away or i might have tried getting you to swap your 18's for my 16's :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

·
Registered
170 Posts
scottie58 said:
I've just bought an 05 TDCi Zetec -S with very nice 18" alloys. BUT i can't fit snowchains to them if I need to on my annual ski holiday. :sad: I need standard 16" wheels with 205/ 55 / 16 tyres. Steel would be ok, but I can't find any on ebay or thro' my local breakers. Anybody got any for sale with good tyres - or recommend a salvager i could try? I live in Berks. Need them for Feb 1/2 term hols in 5 weeks. Cheers! Really impressed with the car so far, handles much better than my previous zetec.
ill swap my 16's for your 18's :nahnah:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it's the extra width that causes the problem when turning the wheels - would foul the inner arches. The owners manual also says do not fit chains to 18" wheels. The chains would also rub /ruin the lovely alloy outer surfaces! ( as they did on my old zetec's 16" alloys) Sorry no swaps! Might consider a swap for some 17 s to slightly soften the ride quality (getting old you see...........)- but they do look great on the car!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.