Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Megger
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aaargh! Someone dinked my motor whilst parked over the weekend! Looks like an exhaust pipe crunched into the rear "bumper". Cracked, flapping and needs to be replaced. Where's the best place to get a new one? The car is in cuirass blue, do you get an unpainted one and spray it or do they come coloured already? I guess these skirts are sacrificial and are not repairable....
I 'spose 2nd hand from a scrappy may be cheapest. I've heard about a system where you can post the part needed online and yards will mail you to offer parts if they have them in stock. If anyone has had a good experience with such a system could they post a link?

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
if you want one painted to match and you dont mind fibreglass try these www.panelmatch.co.uk they do a very good job. although i think they do plastic ones now which you could say is better than fibreglass but theyre not genuine ones, worth ringing them up he's a nice guy got a ford st bumper off him a while back excelent service perfect colour match.

·
Megger
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The panelmatch site has them at £130 new and painted. I'm trying one of those breakers search things and first offer is £57 delivered, new and in the right colour... might get cheaper yet.

Les

1 - 3 of 3 Posts