Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Resident Old Fart !
7,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right after spending days looking at car stereo's and getting a headache i thought i would ask what you people suggest ?? couple of pointers and needs first, and they are that i want the steering remote to work with it, and hopefully the ford changer under the seat ... been looking at the pioneer bluetooth ones so i dont need hands free but thats another story lol ..i have the lead here to connect a sony to the original wiring and the single din spacer from the ghia estate i had but i actually like the 7000 i have in the car now so whatever i buy has to be good within a reasonable price range .. By the way im not interested in subs etc ( maybe a speaker upgrade though ) but maybe an input so i can connect the navman satnav in via its earphone socket/lead would be helpful :) as you can see i dont want much lol .. thanks in advance .. Dave :)

·
Resident Old Fart !
7,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody got any suggestions as to what is a good head unit for up to £250 then ??

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Hummm, sounds to me mate like a sony unit might be good for u, as i know there is a lead out there for sony headunits what actually works, gimme a bit mate and ill have a look for some good units :L

·
Resident Old Fart !
7,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Big Megger
290 Posts
I've got a kenwood KDC-W6534U that i'm very happy with. Loads of inputs, bluetooth and USB compatible. I use mine with a 20GB HDD in the glovebox, 15,000 tracks so no need for CDs any more. By far the best mod to my car.

·
MEG Commander
2,969 Posts

·
Resident Old Fart !
7,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers for that :) ordered one and TBH i have looked on the same site as im buying the unit from and i can get a pioneer changer ( 6 disc ) for £69 so that might be the next buy when im feeling rich lol

·
Resident Old Fart !
7,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bookwyse said:
I'll buy the old changer off you Dave to help towards the cost of the new one.
TBH Jeff m8 i want to keep it in case the car gets sold i can put it back again because i sure as hell wont be leaving the new one in when i sell it lol ... thanks for the offer anyway ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.