Ford Automobiles Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know how but the alarm went off and it's been going off ever since.

I've removed the alarm siren because it just wouldn't stop.

I've got a brand new key (last one want sending a signal) but I'm having a problem reprogramming it.

I can't turn the alarm off but the car can still start and drive, it'll just flash the hazard lights. Any help, maybe disabling the alarm, removing it to reprogram the new key I just got?

Thank you

2005 automatic Ford mondeo

·
Hiding under a Rock
575 Posts
is it the factory alarm? my mondeo uses horn as a siren, maybe facelift is different.

not sure if it'll fix but bad battery tends to cause funny electrical issues so maybe you want to have a look at that too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it's the factory alarm. The battery is good, couple months old. I just can't figure out how to put it into programming mode. I think the alarm tripped is causing the issue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi again, it's getting to a point where I can't be bothered trying to fix mondeo.

The alarm is just always on. As soon as connect the negative terminal on the battery the alarm just goes off. I've removed the siren to help with the noise but the indicators still constantly flash.

I bought a new key but I'm unable to get it into reprogram mode (maybe because the alarm is on?)

Anyway, I don't need the alarm. I only use the car to commute to work.

I'm pretty sure it's a factory alarm, the cat still starts and drives but the indicators won't stop flashing. Is it possible to remove the alarm entirely?

Some fuses I could remove maybe?

Thanks for any help

·
Super Moderator
29,376 Posts
If you don't unlock with the fob you just need to insert the key and turn the

ignition on within 20 seconds of unlocking the door.

The alarm sounds after 20 seconds if you do not switch the ignition on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Keep in mind that my car battery is disconnected because the alarm won't turn off. As soon as it's reconnected the alarm starts up.

So I would need to reconnect the car battery.

Lock the doors.

Unlock the door and try to reprogram the key fob within 20 seconds.

The key itself can unlock the doors and start the car, what I'm trying to do is reprogram the key fob so I can turn the alarm off.

·
Super Moderator
29,376 Posts
Starting the engine should disable the alarm.

No need to lock / unlock just connect and start the engine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In theory it should but it doesn't. That's why I want to reprogram my new key fob so I can turn off the alarm.

But I can't reprogram my key fob and I'm wondering if the reason is because the alarm is going off.

If removing the alarm is possible I'd much rather take route because I don't need the alarm

·
Hiding under a Rock
575 Posts
Starting the engine should disable the alarm.

No need to lock / unlock just connect and start the engine.
is it the starting the engine that disables the alarm or putting it in the ignition?

·
Super Moderator
29,376 Posts
Turning the ignition on will disable the alarm. Easier to say start it because if it

starts then the immobiliser will be working.

No start and the immobiliser could be the issue.

Some history of the car maybe useful, modified? extra wiring other wiring

issues?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Turning the ignition on doesn't stop the alarm.

The car starts but the alarm still doesn't stop.

I'm pretty sure the car is as standard as they come.

Issues:

The key fob got wet so I ended up replacing it but I can't reprogram it.

The front grill has a Crack so I figured it could be the bonnet latch, I've unplugged it (alarm still won't stop) but I haven't bridged it yet.

The drivers door handle is wiggly but it's been like that for months and there hasn't been any issues with it.

·
Super Moderator
29,376 Posts
Locked car and open bonnet yep that will trigger the alarm.

·
Super Moderator
29,376 Posts
Some history may help, purchased the car like this or did it suddenly happen one day?

What happened prior to it happening?

Do you have an OBDII reader with Forscan software?

·
Registered
118 Posts
EDIT: just seen your post where you said you tried the bonnet switch.

Have you tried disconnecting the Bonnet trigger switch?

When they get worn/ dirty they can trigger when temperatures change, my old Mondeo was driving my neighbors mental for weeks till i figured out what the culprit was.

I kept mine disconnected for a while but eventually got round to spraying cleaner into it and working the pin in and out many times and it was fine till i retired the car after that.

I cant remember if the switch makes or breaks a contact when the bonnet is down, if it makes the contact, disconnecting it will prevent your alarm from arming which is what your trying to do right now.

My previous 2001 Mondeo didn't kill the alarm if i started the car, it seems some do and some dont, never tried it with my current 2002 so no idea what it does on that one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts