Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the car will be three years old this December 24th, thought I would have a look around to see what I want next - however, the Focus is a great car and I want just a tad more umph than the 1.6 has - so 2 litre - which means ST as I will be staying with the Focus.

Disappointing residuals though - I expected to have lost 50% of its value - but its considerably more than that.

The offers have been stupid so may just keep the car until its 5 years old as it surely cant loose much more, I paid after all the discounts and the Ford 2K contribution £24K - We buy any car - £8450, Ford main dealer £9250 - I was expecting 12K with some wriggle room because of its exceptional condition and ultra low miles - just a tad over 7000.

The spec - probably the highest in the UK. I would describe it as a three year old brand new car. So now I ponder what I'm going to do, wait for the next generation Focus and go for the ST and advertise privately?

Penned an advert ready for auto trader - but have I missed something?

2013 (63) registered 24 December 2013, 1.6 182 Ecoboost Titanium X Navigator, 7100 miles - genuine, finished in Panther black metallic paint. One private owner and ordered to my specification. No accident damage, dents, dinks or scratches - no swirl marks, virtually unblemished paintwork, machine polished and finished with Zymol Vintage wax (£2200 a pot) kept in a heated and carpeted garage.

Full service history. This car is pristine, no faults and massive spec.

Full black leather interior with heated front seats, 18" 5 spoke alloys, door protectors, mud flaps, illuminated gear knob, illuminated sill plates, rear door sill plates, Drivers pack and appearance packs - so - Keyless entry and push button start, powerfold heated mirrors with LED puddle lights, 2 remotes, all paperwork including purchase receipt. Auto dimming interior mirror, colour changing interior ambient lighting, Sat Nav, Cruise control, dual zone climate control, start/stop, parking sensors front and rear with reversing camera, auto park feature, auto lights and main beam, rain sensing wipers, Voice control, DAB radio, CD player, USB, Ipod connection to Sony audio system, Bluetooth, Traffic sign detection, lane keeping aid, Heated front and rear screens, Hill start assist, Trip computer, Privacy glass to rear doors and rear screen, Spare wheel (no inflater gunk) Zenon headlamps with washers and self levelling, Tyre deflation detection system, Front and rear door windows full electric, Active City Stop - automatically applies the brakes to prevent running into the back of someone else, Two blackvue HD cameras - one front one rear with parking mode and movement sensing with voltage monitoring by a power magic pack to prevent undue battery drain, LED boot lights, Fog Lights, LED tail lights, Road Angel fitted - alerts to all speed cameras including mobile van sites,

·
Registered
354 Posts
Just the price £ ?
Very well specked car. Love the Focus .
You sound just the right person to buy a car off .
You say it's lost more than 50% , but you did buy it brand new.
If you bought it 3 months old it may of only cost £17000, but you may not have found one to the spec and colour you wanted.
Suppose that's the downside to buying new.
But if you love the car you got and want more power how about a remap !

Best of both worlds then.
My focus is remapped to 140 bhp & 336nm . So much better than standard. Effortless overtaking. Improved the mpg too. Can get 700 miles to a tank .

I would hang on to your car if I was you, nothing wrong in owning a 3 year old car, it still looks like new , maybe put some private plates on so people don't know what age it is!

·
Registered
405 Posts
How did you pay £24k for that after discount and £2k from Ford? I've got same spec. car except half leather but June 2014 and paid just under £20k IIRC.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have considered a remap but 20bhp isn't enough, I guess coming from a 385bhp 911 exaggerates my perception the car needs a tad more.

I bought It brand new simply because I couldn't find a car with the spec I wanted - likewise I cant find an ST3 now with the spec I want - I want all the gadgets except a sunroof - just a shame the ST cant have adaptive cruise - but perhaps the next model will.

The price for auto trader - was thinking around 14K.

Smartly, appreciate what you say and was initially astonished you paid so much less - however, I notice you have the 1 litre engine, mine is the 1.6 182 model, the full leather option was an additional £600, the 18" wheels = £400, Frozen white was £250 I believe - Panther Black was £525, so I guess it all starts to add up.

When I bought this car I had researched via CarWow and Orange Wheels - however, neither site allows you to select every option I wanted - so I got as much as each site had a selection for then added the full cost of those extras I wanted to arrive at a price I expected to pay.

The Car came to £22500 ish after the 3.5K discount, plus the extras I wanted around £2K - then I guess you could deduct the ford contribution - so £22500 was what I paid

I then added the illuminated gear knob and sill plates plus the two small looms to connect up and the mud flaps which were fitted by the dealer- about £500.

The HD cameras and road Angel I can simply move to the new car

The new ST3, with every option has been quoted via CarWow at £24889 - although I accept I get stung a bit for wanting a new car, paying an extra 11K - as the difference between what I want my car to realise and the new one is something I am prepared to swallow.

The offer of £9250 from the dealer to the new car price is £15600 but this is a step too far.

·
ME
5,869 Posts
If you are going to wait for the next generation Focus ST, that could be about 18 months to 2yrs. The launch of ST models always lag behind the rest of the range.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I've been offered between £9600 and £10,645 today for mine. Tried webuy, wewant and Evans Halshaw.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have the same spec TDCI Tit X nav on a 14 plate and bought it at 9 months old for £14k !
That was £10k lost in 9months !!!!!
I usually keep them 3 years so what's it going to be worth in another year ? probably £7k max
The guy that buys them new is the one that takes the biggest hit ? But has that new car experience lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts