Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I';ve been looking at kits for front fog light kit for my Mondeo.

Seen this advertised for just under £200
Front Fog Kit

Was wondering if anyone had any experience of fitting something like this and how much effort it would be?

Also, does anyone know what sort of money Ford would charge for this (inc. the parts)?

Thanks.

·
Registered
974 Posts
have a look on ebay, i just looked on there, there is a switch for £25 but should be able to get cheaper as this one has blue leds, there is also the lights on there n/s is going for 13.25 and o/s for 10 with a day left so will prob be about 15-20 each at end of auction, all that leaves is the cable and a pair of bulbs, total cost probabily be about £80

·
Registered
974 Posts
depends what wiring is already there, my old mk1 i had to wire everything from scratch, but on my mk2 was just a case of changing the dash switch and pluging the lights into the bumper as all other parts where there already didnt even need the purple loop and thats on a glx model, been told nearly all mk2 have everything in place so would assume mk3 is the same, try looking behind your bumper to see if the wires are already there, if they are then i imagine its just a case of plugging in the components in the same way as my mk2

·
Premium Member
19,696 Posts
all mk3's seem to have the wiring in place ( well almost all of it anyway ) so you just need a new light switch, the lights & bulbs & the bit of cable that goes from the fog lights themselves to the rest of wiring loom at the front of the car.

its plug & play when you have all the bits :L

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.