Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
MEG Admiral
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i know this has been asked before but im going to have to ask it again

well on my cayman i have the st kit which looks pretty good apart from the fact that it doesnt fit aswell as a ginuine rs kit. also when i got the kit sprayed the front bumper was not a good match at all to the rest of the car, and as i got thhe kit sprayed by panelmatch in wales (me living in london) i didnt want to spend another 60quid for postage.

well, now ive seen a ginuine rs kit up for grabs which is the identical colour to mine apart from it has been slightly scuffed(not sure about how to fix it tho)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8043889355&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

i love the look of the st from the rear and sides (which are a good match) but the front im not so sure of.i was even thinking of just getting a rs front and keeping the rest of the st kit, but aint too sure of what itll look like

so you guys any advice would be great!

·
MEG Admiral
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that first pic's a classic mate!

although the st rear does look pretty low compared to the rs sides, i myt keep the st rear and sides but just change the front, im thinking tho that the front would be slightly higher than the sides making it look slightly wrong

·
I did the pics
12,043 Posts
That feature was done at Bruntingthorpe the same day A1 Motorsport done their white Focus Cossie.
All the pics of Sam's motor are of the driver's side, as on the way there he got a puncture, so on the NSF he's gota 14" pepperpot as nowhere had an 18" tyre near there :}

·
MEG Admiral
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL!

you know what im gonna go 4 it, but stick a laguna splitter on the bottom so it looks low!thank you very much marney!!

·
I did the pics
12,043 Posts
No probs bud. Was about time I posted some pics after mentioning it all the time :eyesup:

·
MEG Admiral
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
does anyone know if the rs bumpers were available as proper bumpers or were they all just skins?

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
ludaprix said:
does anyone know if the rs bumpers were available as proper bumpers or were they all just skins?
i know someone who will sell u a RS phase 2 kit but u need to buy his car (north yorks) he wants £200 its drivable.

·
MEG Admiral
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im not a great fan of the phase 2 kit tbh mate just like the st and rs, thanks anyway!

·
MEG Sergeant
1,404 Posts
im getin my gold membership tonight and when i get in from work tonight around 3 am or tomorrow morning im gonna post up some stuff luda, including genuine rs bumper and skirts , and fogs,

the skirts are in caymen too,
jt

·
MEG Admiral
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hmmm i got another dilemma now, do i put the fogs lights in or not in a rs front??

if anyone has pics of an rs front with and without the fogs that'll be kool!

·
MEG Admiral
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
seen a few posts, the fogs are definatly going in!

·
MEG Admiral
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks mate, i can kinda imagine what my kit would look like from that angle, not bad at all...

·
MEG Admiral
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ive got one rs kitted mk1 and one st kitted and still aint happy, ive got a front bumper i want in mind (design wise) but i dont know anyone who would manufacture it for me, its not even complicated just sits under the original old bumper like the touring cars had

·
living the citrine dream
21,228 Posts
oooo thats sounds good then i wish you all the best on that im always up for new looks....but overall the st kit i think looks really nice ..i nearly had that one marty had for sale but it was for a mk2 and would have needed a lot of modding to mke it fit so i am on the lookout for another one...mines just a clip over the old bumpers job but they look ok

kev :L :L :L

·
MEG Admiral
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
if anyone knows anybody that'll make a one off fibreglass front let me know!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts