Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Big Megger
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi was just reading other members comments on rusty doors on mk3 mondys am unsure just what part of the door is troublesome is it the bottom seam where the inner and outer skins join?.If this is the case is it covered by anti corrosion warranty? which states that ford will replace if corrosion is from inside to outside and not the other way round. :thankyousign: ALUCARD.

·
MEG Corporal
533 Posts
Yes - at the point where both skins join at bottom of door: well documented "problem" which Fraud will deal with under corrosion warranty. Most usually repaired by paint job but, more rarely, by door replacement. Take to local stealer.

·
Big Megger
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that will get in touch with local ford dealer to arrange repair. ALUCARD :thankyousign:

·
MEG Colonel
5,987 Posts
yeah the dealer shouldn't have a problem with it mine goes in on the 6th march for 5 days for all 4 doors

hopefully it'll be a good match

·
Little Megger
41 Posts
Mine has gone in today for this repair. I found corrosion at the top of the front passenger door on the seam. Ford inspected all the doors and found some on the bottom of the drivers side rear passenger door too, so this is also being repaired. I have a Fiesta courtesy car :yawn: I'm already missing the climate control and heated screen! And it is sooooo slow!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts