Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 s-max 2.0 tdci A/T, Convers+ instrument panel has the following permanent fault:
- Speedometer shows constantly zero
- Fuel meter shows constantly zero
- Temp meter shows constantly zero

+ Tachometer (rpm) & everything else on the instrument panel permanently OK
+ Cruise control works permanently OK
+ All "on-board computer" functions (distance to empty, average fuel consumption etc...) permanently OK

Additional info: Before above described problems appeared, also the rpm showed zero + the heater temperature & fan speed -controls did not work at all (no reaction) temporarily, but these have been OK since that.
When starting to drive, the speedo-, temp- & fuel meters did not work.

I'd be really thankful for any assistance & tips to save me from costly (and perhaps inefficient?) carage visit.
-I'm quite experienced & capable on electronics troublehooting.

I did not find help by browsing several web-forums, but realized that several Ford models have had instrument issues...

Thanks in advance for your help, I'm counting on you Ford brothers & sisters in UK...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I DISCONNECTED THE BATTERY FOR SEVERAL HOURS (surely shorter time would have been enough) AND NOW EVERYTHING WORKS!!!!

Thanks to evertone for your sympathy & tips @ Mondeo MK4 forum, especially to markwuk who made me try this (quite obvious - easy to say afterwards,,,) easy and effective fix!

-Now I just hope that someone gets help by reading this

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.