Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Back in England.......
18,698 Posts
I have been looking on Ebay and have senn the same Pioneer model number but different styles (se pic)

The American version (top one) looks a damn site better than the UK equiv.

I could try and order one from Ebay but does anyone know a better way of importing an American H/U.

I have looked on a few US websites but not many post to the UK.

Any ideas would be appreciated :L

Attachments

·
MEG's resident oven
11,381 Posts
american hu are no different,amybe something to do with the fm frequency range but i got a hu from the states and it worked fine. radio included :L try www.mp3playerstore.com or .co.uk they are good :L just ask most stores will send to the uk as long as you cover postages :L

·
Back in England.......
18,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've looked at the info and it covers similar if not the same FM freq. The thing that got me was they are the same product number but they look different.

I think a few emails may be going to the west :L

·
AWOL
19,522 Posts
The FM frequencies jump at 3 times the span we have so you won't get a load of stations in the UK. If you hate the radio then no probs! :L

·
Back in England.......
18,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I only listen to radio 1 and locals between 100 and 103. It looks like that is covered unless I'm reading it wrong

·
MEG's resident oven
11,381 Posts
yes they are :L i could get radio 1 and local ones at 96.1 106.4 100.2 and a load of other normal uk channels that id never listen too so youll be fine mate :L

·
MEG Commander
3,573 Posts
Don't forget that the US radios don't typically have RDS.

And the frequency range will affect people differently in different areas.

The range is the same, but whereas ours go 90.1, 90.2, 90.3, etc. the US ones go more like 90.1, 90.4, 90.7.

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
might be ok if you can manually tune it in though :L

·
Back in England.......
18,698 Posts
FlashBastd said:
The range is the same, but whereas ours go 90.1, 90.2, 90.3, etc. the US ones go more like 90.1, 90.4, 90.7.
I don't really have a need for RDS but now I know what Oz meant.

Cheers all.

Edit.. Email sent to an american gaff but they don't make paying easy Only take us paypal (but I may try and convince them otherwise) and don't take international credit cards. I'll just see what they say first.

·
MEG's resident oven
11,381 Posts
i think if you go to send the money there is an optin to send the money in us dollars i had to send mine in dollars :L

·
Back in England.......
18,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's not the currency that is the problem. I paid for my lex lights in Euros so I can do the different currency. The site says they only accept paypal from verified US addresses.

Still not had owt back yet tho.

·
Ugly Little Mo Fo
3,428 Posts
Must admit US version does look better than UK one :L

Pity it can't be found over here, and I've been looking since this thread was started. :D

·
Back in England.......
18,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bookwyse said:
I'm over there in a couple of weeks so if you haven't had any luck I could bring one back for you.

Jeff
That would be great mate :L

I'm going to a shop near mine that is supposed to be really good (dunno if they are that good) but see what they say.

If you really wouldn't mind BW I mite just take you up on that offer. I'll let you know. :L

Yoda.. you can get them through Ebay but you could get stung with import tax.

·
Ugly Little Mo Fo
3,428 Posts
yeah i meant for normal sale over here, can't be doing with import tax lol :D

·
Back in England.......
18,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have just ordered the H/U from a place in America. They insist on Paypal for international buyers and I have just had a message chat with the guy. He seems like a top guy and was very pleasant.

I got the lot for a bit less than what they are going for on Ebay (the US version including delivery). Lets just hope I don't get stung on tax. I'm expecting a bit but as long as its not to much then I don't mind.

At least I'll have the better looking version. :L :D

·
Back in England.......
18,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got the invoice today and not that much :L

I'm going picking it up tomoz so I'll just be checking the wiring to the ISO plugs is correct then be putting it in :D

·
Back in England.......
18,698 Posts
Got it, put it in, all I can say is......

WOW :love: :love: :love: :woot: :woot: :woot: :D :D :D

All in (including taxes n fees) for less than the RRP for the uk version. :L

1 - 20 of 21 Posts