Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any body out there with the same problem offside rear door card is marked to death dont no weather to replace or get some one to repair its got two hole like dints in it and loads of scratches and its bloody anoying were there came from iv no idea the black centre bit near the handbrake is the same so just going to bite my lip and scream me thinks any ideas :themrs:

·
got enough names thanks
1,717 Posts
cockpit cleaner might hide the scratches a bit but dints and holes best sourcing a 2nd hand ones from a scrappy/breaker.

·
Big Megger
3,064 Posts
Could the marks and scratches be caused by you putting your keys in the drinks holder (next to handbrake) and catching the black surface?

1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Could the marks and scratches be caused by you putting your keys in the drinks holder (next to handbrake) and catching the black surface?
. No keys coins or phones some times a macdonald drink but just thought possible the dog. The bloody wife let the dog in the front a couple of weeks back need I say more. The words I used I cannot say on here lol piano black centre consul now needed plus rear door card clips are on back order for the rubber strips on the sill so still to do list all things that bug me cheers for that jb

1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought a dog too but wasn't sure you had one....they bite and chew things when Daddy's gone!
. I no a pal of mine his dog chewed the gear nob and head rests plus. The indicator stalks on his brand new bmw when left for 20 mins. The dog of mine is a small lasa apso. And is when wet in the boot thus the dog cage. So don't ask why or what the wife was thinking. Still. Grrrrrrrrr

·
Registered
22 Posts
My problem is this. I accidentally put an Ambi-pur air freshener bottle into the centre left hand air vent upside down. I know I know, a right pelonka! The liquid inside dripped out onto the facia. I have the ghia version so the facia is walnut veneer. It lifted the varnish off and left a track as it trickled down past the radio etc,. Has anyone ever replaced a facia? What is involved and how difficult is it?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
You just take centre console trim out fist all clipped in then the two triangle bits either side of stereo prise out then you should have some torque screws two each in the triangle bits and two by astray then it should pop out all very easy

Posted Via The Free TalkFord.com App

1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very easy as said above iv pulled mine apart loads of times. Trying to sort a rattle but still not managed to sort the bloody thing any body who has had this and solved the problem let me no please as its now becoming.to make me wanna go and scream lol. So loads of rattling round stereo and centre consul grrr?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the above, but are there any problems with disconnecting the radio and all the other bits of electronic bits?

1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the above, but are there any problems with disconnecting the radio and all the other bits of electronic bits?
. No need to remove stereo if your only going to change the wood affect pannel any way there's only four screws holding the head unit in and a electrical plug at the back. Don't wanna sound stupid but why don't you upgrade. To piano black round the head unit and the centre consul plus this trim on the doors and dash this is only a idea cheers jb

1 - 12 of 12 Posts