Ford Automobiles Forum banner

Screen Washer Bottle Leak

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  djtip 
#1 ·
Hi all, I seem to have a leak in the screen washer bottle area. I have looked of Youtube but cant find out how to get to the bottle or pipes! Has anyone had to do this and is it easy or does half the front end have to be removed LOL.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeah, wheel arch liner should give you some access to it. Not sure if the front bumper might also need to come off to fix your problem. It's fiddly, but not a difficult job to do that though. On the side of the wheel washer there are wiring looms connected to the bumper, so don't damage them if you need to remove it completely. You should be able to move it far enough back off the car to give you access without unplugging he loom.

#4 ·
I also had this and got to the bottom of my washer bottle by just removing the forward inner wing/cover on the drivers side.
Mine was leaking from around the rubber that holds the washer pump in. I removed it and added some sealant which appears to have done the trick.
Good Luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.