Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all ive got a 51 reg new shape mondy 2.5 v6.my seat belt light is flashing on my dashboard. 4 flashes then 2 flashes then 4 then 2 then 4 then 2 then stays on all the time does anybody no what is causing this. and my heater blower only works on speed 4. 1,2,3 dont do anything does anybody no how to fix this cheers dodgy. :mad:

·
MEG Commander
6,006 Posts
42 is the fault code for the front crash sensor, this is situated just behind the front grille and it has been known for a dodgy wiring connection to it to be caused by a good slam down of the bonnet, check it and its wiring plug out (after leaving the ignition switched off for 15 minutes).
Heater blower sounds like a knackered resistor unit.

Steve

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
just wondering , would the mk 3 have the same sort of arrangement as the mk1 / 2 regarding the heater resistor pack ????? :whistling:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Under the right hand driver's seat there will be an electrical connection. Just unplug and replug this a couple of times and push the wires together. This fixed my flashing dash light. Give it a go. :L

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.