Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My check engine was on and I decided to plug the OBD to see what the problem is. It was an older one that reappeared (CAT - P0420) and I decided to delete it this time in case another error appears. Since then, my seatbelt alarm bulb is always on and the alarm keeps going off.

I have tried to disable the alarm but it doesn't work. Also, the alarm goes off even if I get out of the car. I doubt that both sensors, weight and belt went bad at the same time.

From what I've read on the internet, the OBD has nothing to do with the seatbelt sensor.

Any ideas? Thank you

Ford Mondeo Mk3 2002 1.8

·
Super Moderator
30,347 Posts
No sensor in the drivers seat, it doesnt know if your sitting in the car or not, early cars had a sensor in
the passenger seat but not the later cars.

The OBDII port can read seatbelt sensors also, are you using the Forscan software?

Some handheld devices may not read all the codes stored, so deleting the P0420 code may have then allowed
your reader to show the next hidden fault.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No sensor in the drivers seat, it doesnt know if your sitting in the car or not, early cars had a sensor in
the passenger seat but not the later cars.

The OBDII port can read seatbelt sensors also, are you using the Forscan software?

Some handheld devices may not read all the codes stored, so deleting the P0420 code may have then allowed
your reader to show the next hidden fault.
I have used Car Scanner on android. Didn't found anything on it about seatbelts. I rescan after deleting, but no other error popped up

·
dont listen to me, you'll have horsepower and
3,336 Posts
That particular app is really good although not on the mk3. Even with a good obd dongle it won't pick up other modules. You definitely need forscan.

·
Super Moderator
30,347 Posts
MK3 is fussy on the OBDII tools used. As I mentioned it may show some codes but not all.

Original F-Super (Formidable) and the later units that use Forscan are a lot better than generic
units. Your dongle maybe compatible with Forscan if not they can be bought for £20 or less.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts