Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there
I have a 2008 mk6 1400 fiesta registered in June 2008.
My question is does anyone know if this model was fitted with a seatbelt reminder warning and indicator.
The symbol does not illuminate when the ignition is turned on, but I've done a cluster symbols check and there is a symbol there, although I suspect there isn't actually an alarm fitted.

Any advice would be really appreciated

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
According to owners manual (See page 59 at https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/catalog/owner_guides/ENUSA_CG3545_FTA_og_200805.pdf) light comes on when car gets to 16mph if driver's belt is unbuckled.

Hi Mike
Thankyou for your response, however I think you may have misunderstood my question.
When I turn on the ignition, the seatbelt warning light does not come on at all, and if I don't put my seatbelt on and drive the alarm does not sound either, which makes me think that their is no sensors fitted, or it has been disabled in some way.

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
30,019 Posts
Put the dash in diagnostic mode, the bulb/LEd may have failed or someone may have removed it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi there
Thanks for your response
However as I said in my original post I've done a cluster check and the seatbelt warning symbol is there illuminated in red.
It just doesn't come on when I Start the engine and there is no alarm if I drive without my seatbelt on, which makes me think that this model is not in fact fitted with a seatbelt warning reminder

·
dont listen to me, you'll have horsepower and
3,288 Posts
In the mk3 mondeo you could turn the chime/warning on and off with a sequence of actions, ignition on and offs etc.

Not sure if this is the same with the fiesta. What I have just realised I that my mk7 fiesta was the same and didn't have warnings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts