Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if i bought a second car, do i need to start a new insurance policy with 0 years no claims?

if so, are there any companies who take into account your current no-claims discount with an existing policy being used for another car?

·
MEG Colonel
8,988 Posts
churchill have got a ad out just now saying two cars one policy, i was to late to see this and just insured my citrine fully comp with another company, my other car insurance allowing my 1 years no claims on the second car it was cheaper to do it this way rather than add the two with the insurance company that i'm with at the moment (Bell)

sorry if thats doesn't make any sence

try these
www.lancaster-ins.co.uk

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
do what i done i own a classic car, so could insure the mg on a classic car insurance plan very cheaply, then use my ncb on the main car.

directline also do specail rates for second cars.

but try these guys, they have the most flexible policies every at low rates, im covered business use, and all my mods current and under way with no extra cost, plus there covering me to use my dads car while mine is away.

·
Premium Member
26,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oooo, i'm with directlive with the lex :)

might have to give them a bell tomorrow then :)

·
One time Mondeo owner - now an outlaw!
6,199 Posts
russdaz said:
do what i done i own a classic car, so could insure the mg on a classic car insurance plan very cheaply, then use my ncb on the main car.

but try these guys, they have the most flexible policies every at low rates, im covered business use, and all my mods current and under way with no extra cost, plus there covering me to use my dads car while mine is away.
:eek:fftopic: What is the classic??

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
afaik you can add a second car onto your existing policy instead of paying insurance for it seperately.

·
MEG Commander
6,006 Posts
wait till you are up to 5 cars! luckily Tradex do a 'car enthusiasts policy' that insures you for any car you own, I pay £750 a year for my 5 and that includes a sierra cosworth.

Steve

·
Premium Member
26,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Steve, cheers for the heads up on that.

do they cover modified cars?

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
HJS said:
russdaz said:

:eek:fftopic: What is the classic??
My MG'f would you believe, it suprised me alittle when i found out.

·
MEG Corporal
631 Posts
the other option would be to try and get a trade policy, that will cover both cars and anyone elses car fully comp too, and depending on mods to your cars - you could save a fair bit on a good trade policy. Our insurers didnt care about the mods to our cars - they were listed purely as 'Modified Mondeo' and a guarenteed valuation figure.

Im sure you could be creative with the fact that you own MEG to convince someone to give you a trade policy.

·
Premium Member
26,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hmmm, I like your thinking..... ;)

·
MEG Corporal
631 Posts
im renewing my trade policy in a couple of days - im coming off the g-tec policy so i can go on my own - as i'll have my mk2, my mk1 4x4 and a transit van to insure - and under a normal policy my 5years NCD will only apply to my mk2, whereas on the trade policy - the NCD is applied to the policy as a whole.

·
Premium Member
26,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That would suit me perfectly as I can also add my mk1 onto the list.

Do you have to be a buisness though? and what kind of buisness?

·
MEG Commander
6,006 Posts
Monkeyra said:
Steve, cheers for the heads up on that.

do they cover modified cars?
Yes m8, they are not bothered about modifications but will not pay out for them on a claim :( only stipulation I got for my modded cars was a Cat 1 thatcham alarm and immobiliser had to be fitted.

Steve

·
Premium Member
26,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
who are you with mate?

i'm liking the sound of this...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts