Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Mondeo mk3 tdci titanium 2006 170k miles + mondeo mk3 2004 st tdci 123k miles
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My silver 2.0 tdci mondeo just failed its mot . Nothing major front spring + trackrod end ball joint. If I planned on keeping the car I would be happy to pay the £180 quoted to repair it.

But my plan was to sell it come insurance renewal time.

Realistically what are these worth?

170k mileage 55 plate with xenons, injectors were replaced at 135k no idea about the clutch or dmf.

·
MEG Corporal
2,820 Posts
If that's all it's failed on then keep it. When is the insurance due?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My plan was already to sell the car later in the year .

Silverlake have offered £420 scrap

If I decide to repaire then sell. It going to cost 180 to repair and I'm not sure it will sell for 600+ to recoup the money spent on repairing it

·
I Love Diesel
2,509 Posts
£420 is flippin' incredible for scrap!

I scrapped a similar car a few months ago and got £185 (car collected). The next best offer was £60-ish and quite a few came back with £0!

Reactions: ul9601

·
dont listen to me, you'll have horsepower and
3,477 Posts
I recently scrapped a 2009 corsa with 98k miles, engine was trying to delete itself and they collected it from 80 miles away and still gave me £333 price of scrap is through the roof at the moment

Reactions: Deano titanium

·
I Love Diesel
2,509 Posts
I just checked the car I scrapped again and its value has (would have) gone up by about £35. Imagine having a scrap car sitting on your driveway, appreciating in value. I couldn't keep it indefinitely, though.

I think there must be some regional variation in scrap prices, as with most things.

Reactions: ul9601

·
Clever Clauggs
4,679 Posts
Back in 2016 wifes Focus 2002 with 2months mot was £30 scrap ,manage to sell it for £350
Ford trade in was £300 and no other discount on newer car.

·
MEG Corporal
2,820 Posts
Got £186.99 for my old ST24 in January 2014. I miss that engine :(.
Couldn't really trade it in for the TXS as it wasn't driveable and had loads of things going wrong.

·
Little Megger
4,769 Posts
Fix it, drive it for another year and then see what's what.
That way you've had a year's motoring and if you decided to sell. it'll sell as a runner, not a scrapper.
It's an ideal time of year to be working on/under cars... no frostbitten fingers and light till later.
p.s. At least it passed on the smoke test!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Fix it, drive it for another year and then see what's what.
That way you've had a year's motoring and if you decided to sell. it'll sell as a runner, not a scrapper.
It's an ideal time of year to be working on/under cars... no frostbitten fingers and light till later.
p.s. At least it passed on the smoke test!
I've driven it once since October last year It doesnt get used since I bought my st. One of the reason I was going to sell it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts