Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever sent 4 alloys via a couier before? just wondered on cost of this and how the hell do you pack them, would take quite abit of brown wrapping paper, lmao....

·
I did the pics
12,043 Posts
I sent a set of 4 Peugeot alloys to France last month. He paid for courier as I didn't offer postage on them. He said they had to be in 2 packages. So cardboard on the bottom, then an alloy, then another piece of cardboard. Taped that up with brown tape. Then the second alloy on top of that, and another piece of cardboard on the top. Brown tape all around. Each alloy was in a bag too. Was secure, and when the courier came to pick them up, they put the packages in cling film anyway.
I sold a Fiesta alloy last week, and sent that in a Ford alloy box, cost £9.60 Parcel Force. For a set, depending on size and weight, between £40 and £60.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I have sold a set of alloys and sent them courier, just sent them as four seperate parcells came to £56 in total. Just wrapped each one in a couple of bin bags and bubble wrap then taped them up.

·
MEG Admiral
2,642 Posts
i sent 4, make 2 parcels of 2wheels tape/tie them together i paid £20 total www.senditquick.com max weight per parcel is 30kg :L
oh and if its for a buyer on ebay you can charge upto £60 :whistling: i sold a set of 19" saab alloys for £375 + £60 p+p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts