Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I've been searching for quite some time and I can't seem to find information on the transmission for my Ford Mondeo 2012 2.2l Duratorq DOHC CR DI with automatic transmission.
I've recently acquired it, and I can't find service intervals on the transmission. More specifically how often the oil needs changing?
Been through the first 15 years of service on etis, but there is no mention of transmission oil change. I'm guessing it's a sealed transmission (?).

Thanks for your time!

·
8 gears or more please
TrevorB BMW320 M Sport 2020 M Sport Pro Pack. Tech Pack (Head Up Display)
5,495 Posts
As per Ford Motor Co there are no official servicing requirements for the transmission in your vehicle.

It is only the Dual clutch powershift model 6DCT450 MPS6 made by Getrag that requires oil and filter every 3 years or 37,500 miles, whichever occurs first

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As per Ford Motor Co there are no official servicing requirements for the transmission in your vehicle.

It is only the Dual clutch powershift model 6DCT450 MPS6 made by Getrag that requires oil and filter every 3 years or 37,500 miles, whichever occurs first
Thank you so much Trevor!
I was starting to figure as much. It does, however, strike me as kind of silly not to change. The car has already done about 165 000 km and I'm thinking it might really be time to look at the oil at least, to see how the transmission is doing.

·
8 gears or more please
5,495 Posts
Hi Alexander, I do not have any experience with that particular gearbox in your vehicle.
I agree, I would not be happy not changing the oil at high mileage but there are many transmissions that do not have a service schedule including the 6F35 Ford USA torque converter transmission I have in my Mk5. It is impossible to get all of the oil out of it without stripping it down, so a flush is the best one can do.

In your own case I would suggest firstly MAKE SURE your transmission has a FILLER PLUG.
If it has, you could consider taking the oil pan off and draining as much oil as possible out.
I would also check with your Ford Parts Dept if there is an oil filter/gauze that you can access whilst the pan is off. If so you could change the filter also.

One other important point, you need to find out how you check the oil level. If there is no facility to do this you need to measure what you drain out so you put the same amount back in

Alternatively, you could leave well alone if it drives fine!!!!

Reactions: Alex.L

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again Trevor!
You make some valid points. I will have a look at the car tomorrow, and see if it's att all possible first.
I'm thinking a flush or partial replacement is better than none at all. Hopefully I'll find everything in working order (never the case though, is it).

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
(Couldn't find a edit button, is there one?)
Just wanted to add that the transmission in my car is a TF-81SC, also known as TF-80SC. And that there is a filler plugg. Searching for TF-80SC gives you quite a lot of information, including youtube guides for changing the oil!
However, I noticed that the gearbox is mounted the other way around compaired to among others Volvo.
(for future reference)

·
8 gears or more please
5,495 Posts
The "edit" button is alongside the Multiquote and Quote buttons on the lower right of any post but it "times out" after approx. 5 minutes of any post you make, so you need to do any edits pretty quick

Reactions: Alex.L

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, after a few hours of searching for replacement oil, my head is spinning.
Contacted a local oil dealer, they said I have a AWF21 gearbox, which I think is right. They then told me I had 3 products to choose from:
Valvoline ATF
Castrol Transmax Z
Mobil ATF 3309

Then I'm thinking I have the same gearbox as the 2.0 TDCi and the 2.3 petrol engine. This is, however, not confirmed by the fordwiki. Anyway, in that case, only the Mobil one seems to be verified to work in my car.

Is there anyone who can help me out a bit perhaps?

Here in Sweden, there aren't that many suppliers to choose from. I was thinking that I might need to order from the UK or Germany. At least maybe it'll be cheaper.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, I'm sorry about multi posting.

I got the specification number from Etis at last. The oil is refered to as AU7J-19509-AA in my gearbox. This differs from WSS-M2C924-A which is the specification number for the 2.0 Duratorq TDCi and 2.3 Duratec TDCi.

I'm still not sure about which oil I can use in my gearbox. Right now I'm going by what Aisin is saying, and that is to only use AW1 specified oil.

Right now the only one I've found is Motul MULTI ATF from opieoils.

I do not, however, want to pick the wrong kind...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts