Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Big Megger
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My old man has a 1994 ghia 1.8. theres sposed to be a service reset button in the glove gox but we cant see it. his car has the button and not the reset on the display module. can anyone give us an idea where to look in the glove box we're totaly baffled??????????????/

·
MEG Corporal
1,387 Posts
Hi, Isin't it behind the glovebox, you have to take the glovebox out, open the glovebox, and just pull it out, and the button or whatever is behind there. there is a thread on here about it, I'll see If I can find it.

·
Super Moderator
19,696 Posts
its on the side near the door if memory serves, the glovebox does have to come out though as it hides the button.

The button should have a big spanner symbol on it.

it needs pressing for about 4 seconds or somat like that.

·
MEG Corporal
1,387 Posts
Hi, And I think the ignition has to be on, when you press it, and hold it in for 4 or 5 seconds.

·
Big Megger
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep. thanks. found it and reset ok

·
Turbo'd ST24
10,084 Posts
:first: guys i know this is for the zetec which i used to have and never knew about the button behind the glove box but i have a mk2 v6 and wanted to know where is it?? To be honest i dont see any thing on the dash that says that i need my service doing so is it not appliable to the mk2 v6??? I know this is mostly zetec but any help would be appreciated and a pic would be wonderful as well thanks!! :thankyousign: :L

·
Super Moderator
19,696 Posts
the mk2 service reset is a small hole at the side of the service light i believe ( if it has a service light that is ), stick a unbent paper clip or other such device into the hole until you feel it click & hold for 4-5 second i think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts