Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
MEG Corporal
801 Posts
last weekend i uprated my rear springs with so to say uprated ones i.e. they are suppose to be harder and to give up much less than the standart originals. they do exactly what is on the tin.
the feeling i have now is that the whole back of the car jupms/sways much more than before when the road is uneven. on the speed bumps and holes the feeling is much better than before soft and smooth. i've got in the front sachs midsport range and on the rear the soft range of shocks.
do you think that i'll get better behavior if i stiffen the rear shocks ie put something like gmax or koni sport?
ofcourse i consider the option that the rear shocks are gone but they are relatively new 6 months and 15k miles
:thankyousign:

·
Window licking mong
39,488 Posts
your rears should have plenty of life left in them but the lowering springs will shorten the lifespan of the shocks. you'll get used to the different handling. be sure to have a 4-wheel alignment done after lowering.

·
MEG Corporal
801 Posts
i have NOT lowered the car, I replaced/uprated the rear springs only, note that the car is estate. The idea was when the boot is loaded with stuff the car to retain the height. i bought the springs from grayston http://www.springassisters.co.uk/ and they definitely do the job. I am wondering whether uprating the rear shocks will improve the rear or it is not worthed. A pair of uprated shocks will cost me min j180 and i'm not sure whether this is what i need.

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
get the wheel alignemt checked mate. you'v distrubed the suspension system it might well have knocked the setting out a bit. whaich cuasses weird handling traits.

·
MEG Corporal
801 Posts
two wierd thing about the shocks on ebay:
1. it doesn't say anything about sport or standard, so i assumethey are standard
2. adjustable? i don't know how they can be adjustable unless you take them out and twist around in order to set them.
good price :love:
i strongly suspect that i have uprate them to the sport range cos my front shocks are harder

1 - 6 of 6 Posts