Ford Automobiles Forum banner

Show off your MK5 Mondeo.

118K views 310 replies 86 participants last post by  malford 
#1 ·
Hi Folks.

Finally collected my Mondy last Wednesday, 28th. Jan.

I could wash it ok, but as I have no indoor facility I could not polish it as it was very cold, 3° average.

It was like trying to apply polish in direct sunlight. Just wouldn't buff and left blotches on the tailgate.

Today, however, temp. rose and I got the job done.

Here are some piks. Anyone want a specific pik of the car or part thereof, just ask.

Tire Vehicle registration plate Car Automotive tail & brake light Wheel

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle

Vehicle Steering part Motor vehicle Car Automotive side-view mirror

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car Automotive tire

Vehicle Car Radio Motor vehicle Satellite radio

Car Vehicle Speedometer Tachometer Automotive design

Car Vehicle Plant Motor vehicle Automotive design

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
She's beautiful, thanks for the pics. Hope you're enjoying it!

A good pic of boot, engine and perhaps the centre console/media centre (gadget charging facilities basically) would be cool if you get a moment please. I'm hoping to get back to a dealer for another look in the next few days though, so not that important, but pretty busy at work right now.

#4 ·
looks mean in black especially from the front !

#7 ·
I like the pale grey leather - not available for us yet.

Needs the rear spoiler IMHO !
Thanks, gregs24. I have the electric tailgate so the spoiler is

not an option with that. Even though yours looks very smart, I was

never really a spoiler person.

Anyone out there looking for that cream leather, push your dealer for it.

It's not available in 'Eire' in the brochure, but once its available in other EU countries

there's a good chance of getting it. I asked my dealer and I

also contacted Ford HQ in Ireland. Both were most obliging

and also facilitated me with the 180 version of the 2 litre engine, which

is also not available here yet.

Reactions: gaskell71
#8 ·
Great looking car.................. can I interest you in a swoop for a mk4 Mondeo Ha HA :stir: What engine did you go for, how would you rate the ride.
Thanks gaskell71.

I got the 180 bhp. version of the 2.0. I went back to manual transmission

and am thrilled. I have the standard 17" alloys that are supplied. The ride is just

nice. Not to soft or not to hard. The previous car was a 163 powershift. This new

one is a totally different car to drive and a good bit more responsive. In spite of what they

say, I prefer to give the engine a chance for the first 1500 kms before giving it

a good "seeing to". That said, where I live, I have to merge onto a dual carriageway

which is up hill. So last week I floored it momentarily to claim my position in front

of a vehicle as opposed to behind it ........ safely of course. I was impressed with the

lift.

Reactions: gaskell71
#10 ·
She's beautiful, thanks for the pics. Hope you're enjoying it!

A good pic of boot, engine and perhaps the centre console/media centre (gadget charging facilities basically) would be cool if you get a moment please. I'm hoping to get back to a dealer for another look in the next few days though, so not that important, but pretty busy at work right now.
Hi rdc49_uk

Here's the piks you asked for. I forgot about the boot so apologies that it's

taken in the dark.

Vehicle Car Automotive tire Personal luxury car Motor vehicle

Motor vehicle Car Vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car Auto part

Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Car Trunk Vehicle Automotive exterior Personal luxury car

Attachments

#12 ·
I was quoted €100 for it, finis 1874003, rubber one side, carpet (with Mondeo logo) on the other side. The rubber mats with the lip all around only fit with a mini spare wheel or a puncture repair kit. This reversible one fits over a full size spare.

#13 ·
Hi fordy,

Nice one - thank you. That engine bay looks even busier than my MK4! I must go and get a proper look round one. I saw one very briefly at my local dealership about a month ago after not resisting stopping on my way to work when I saw the back of it parked up as a flew round the roundabout outside. I've not had a suitable chance to go back since.

Cheers

Richard

#14 ·
the more i look at the back of you gents cars - the more I want the twin outlets and I aint gonna get them with my 150PS.

so guess i'll have to live with it.

Just couldn't justify the extra wedge / additional insurance groups.

(Do think Ford could make it clearer on the web site though as there could be a few disappointed owners if ayone is not aware the rear bumper is different from the configurator images - at least I knew and it was my choice)

#15 ·
the more i look at the back of you gents cars - the more I want the twin outlets and I aint gonna get them with my 150PS.

(Do think Ford could make it clearer on the web site though as there could be a few disappointed owners if ayone is not aware the rear bumper is different from the configurator images - at least I knew and it was my choice)
Stand back for one moment. I was having a similar thought before they announced the 180 came with

twins as standard. The 150 may have 2 pipes but pointed down under the rear skirt. Check with your

parts man and see what parts you require. At a glance you would need a lower skirtm the black plastic

insert and the 2 chrome inserts. The actual exhaust pipe need to be redirected straight out as opposed

to down. The chromes are just ornaments. Next time get down on your knees and look closely at a twin

system and you'll see just 2 standard round pipes looking towards the chromes. I hope this helps you.

Tire Vehicle Car Grille Automotive tail & brake light

Attachments

Reactions: MondeoCat
#17 ·
thanks Fordy - appreciate your insights !

just wonder though what typically that would all cost - I'm thinking in the region of £500 for parts / labour which almost means I should have just paid for the 180PS lol.

#21 ·

Oh no! I thought all Titanium spec cars get the twin exhaust outlets regardless of engine choice. Does this mean I will not get them on my 1.5T 160PS Ecoboost Auto Titanium x pack? Where does it state this in the brochure / website / price list? Gutted!

#23 ·
Gas strut FTW!

#24 ·
I mean when you put a full size spare in its designated place whether the floor mat will get a small 'hill' right over the spare or will still be perfectly horizontal (no relationship with the back seats).
Perfectly horizontal, no small hill. There are two pockets (one either side) between the wheel arch and the rear lights which are lower than the rest of the floor but the rest is all flat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.