Ford Automobiles Forum banner
261 - 280 of 311 Posts
Mine after giving it a much needed wash......water was freezing on it as I washed it brrrrrrr wheels will wait for another day as they're only the winter wheels. Wheel Tire Car Window Vehicle

Sent from my SM-G925F using TalkFord.com mobile app

Attachments

Ours in Mid Wales on it's first road trip

Titanium with adaptive LEDs, Blis, lane correction, self park, active city stop & collision avoidance, Sony & adaptive cruise (i love that and the LEDs the most)

IMG_20171201_132916776_800x600_zpssg6g3s
Are you sporting 19s there? Very nice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks mate! Sorry for the slow reply, just got back from skiing in Italy. Yes they are 19s though currently she is on 16" steel wheels with winter tyres.

I was loaded up with kit and sat at the 130kph limit (80mph) most of the time through france and averaged across the journey around 48mpg, Not bad for an auto awd 180bhp loaded up on a run on varying terrain including the alps. I did Como in Italy to Calais on one tank of fuel around 650 miles.

MPG - On long motorway type runs Ive been getting 45 odd MPG and around town/rush hour traffic it'll be more like 35 lol. That's with only 1000 miles on the car so far though.

As for the box in normal Drive mode it's very smooth and I don't really have any complaints about it. In sport it sort of 'bangs' gears and feels like a VW DSG. It'll creep forward in drive which i quite like as the Skoda I test drove as well didn't and I found it quite hard to pull away from a standstill. That was probably down to me not being used to the box though.

Handling is very good. The ride is comfortable but sporty without being harsh. The brakes seem to be up to the task as well however I haven't been attacking B roads as our weather has been pretty crap lately :p

My advice would be to test drive the powershift. It's my first auto boxed car so I'm by no means an expert. I've driven quite a few friends cars with dual clutch boxes, but they've mostly been performance petrols, so not a good comparison.

attachicon.gif
IMG_5700.jpg
MY ST Line Edition. Only picked it up a couple of days ago and I'm loving it so far :smoking: Makes the Sapphire look very old lol
Its a 180 powershift with the following options -

Sony Radio
Adaptive Cruise
LED headlights
Park Assist
Heated Steering Wheel
White Platinum paint
what mpg are you getting? And what's the gearbox like paul? I'm contemplating getting the 180 powershift st line edition, after 10 years of vw dsg diesels a bit reluctant to leave, you couldn't give a mini review regarding mpg/box handling ect? I would be most grateful......

attachicon.gif
IMG_5700.jpg
MY ST Line Edition. Only picked it up a couple of days ago and I'm loving it so far :smoking: Makes the Sapphire look very old lol
Its a 180 powershift with the following options -

Sony Radio
Adaptive Cruise
LED headlights
Park Assist
Heated Steering Wheel
White Platinum paint
what mpg are you getting? And what's the gearbox like paul? I'm contemplating getting the 180 powershift st line edition, after 10 years of vw dsg diesels a bit reluctant to leave, you couldn't give a mini review regarding mpg/box handling ect? I would be most grateful......
[/quote][/quote thanks paul much appreciated,

Enjoyed looking and reading this thread,its been nearly a year since anyone added to it,and quite a few members were last active even longer ago.

Exceptions @Trebor and @Malford

Had mine 6 weeks now. Coming from a Fiesta ST3, it’s a lovely place to be.

Attachments

That looks an absolutely beautiful Mondeo Chris.
Superb, I want one!

Reactions: KAZUYADOG
That looks an absolutely beautiful Mondeo Chris.
Superb, I want one!
Is it your old car Trev ?

@Reeso just the sort i would like.

Yes, it did once belong to Trev. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, and it it could not have gone to a nicer person, or home.

Reactions: KAZUYADOG
Awwww cheers Trev [emoji56]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is my "Baby Mondeo" My trusted dealer assures me it will turn into a fully grown Mondeo when it is 9 months old - can't wait!!

View attachment 222829

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Land vehicle

Attachments

Reactions: reeso and malford
I've had my wheels painted. Looks stunning!!

Attachments

Reactions: malford and TreborB
Simon, you are making me very jealous! - my heart, and health, may have to overrule my head

Looks brill mister

Reactions: Mison
I had a mobile chap do mine. Tires were deflated and taped. I had 3 refurbed at the same time. Cost ÂŁ200 all in.

No paint code but it is slight darker than Ford's Rock colour so dark grey with a hint of bronze. Really does look the nuts! A perfect compliment to the Magnetic paint.

Still looking good, including the "real chrome" exhaust outlet trims!!

Mal, have you noticed on Fords site, at the start of the Build a Car Section (with pictures of vehs) Ford have the audacity to call the Facelift a "New Mondeo", ha

https://www.ford.co.uk/cars?bnpShowroom=on

Reactions: malford
Yes I have spent about 45 minutes trying to configure one with the same spec as my current Titanium X and I cant.
Its a blooming joke,

I give up the configurator has too many "Unavailable with current selection" warnings.

1.5 Petrol :mad: I think I'll keep my current MK5 with all the options.

I have an uncomfortable feeling that my 5th current Mondeo may well be my last

Reactions: TreborB
261 - 280 of 311 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.