Ford Automobiles Forum banner
121 - 140 of 158 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,434 Posts
Watching a youtube channel on machining and the guy stepped outside at the end to

show his new bike 1800cc... On a bike???

Why??? WHY??? My best guess is to make your death as quick and painless as possible??

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I had an rd250 back in the 80's..after my 3rd near fatal i sold the thing to a friend who then proceeded to sail through a hedge at Chester..he then fixed it up and aparently ended up in France..??.
I think he broke his collarbone and next saw him in a car...

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Here is me talking about my old air cooled not LC.. rd 250 in Red, then post a pic of the car???
Wish i had some photo's, but remembering i used to give stick to my oldest brother(ive got 4)..forever taking photo's of his XT 250 yammy trials bike, and his white and red lettered RD 400.....bloody show off...

·
Super Moderator
31,434 Posts
My old boss knew someone at Rover and got some 75 estates for the Reps way below

normal prices.

He was talking about buying some of those TF's and mothballing them. Must be a future classic.

There could be 5 virtually brand new TF's sitting in his garage.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I've been trying to find any information concerning this engine..
I know pretty well the 3.0 duretec, started off as a porsche design they didn't want/need so mazda bought it or swapped for it..then ford bought into mazda and liked it..seem's reliable and pretty smooth, flexible..
The rover 2.0 dohc is still a mystery to me,although i bought the dam thing on the fact it had 136bhp in a relativley rust free light body,it's got abs and a driver airbag,leccy front window's, aircon,sunroof,no rear headrests, steering feels weightier than the mondog's.
Need to find info on this t series engine..

·
Banned
Mondeo MK 3 2.2 TDCI Ghia X
697 Posts
Type in t series tuning on google, (don't know how to upload the sites addresses here)

Torquecars and the mg Rover site seem to have a lot of information on these engines, they have plenty of potential.

Hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
31,434 Posts
Isn't that the old O series engine but with a cambelt and twin cams fitted?

Essentially the same block design as the B series fitted to the MGB GT,

Morris Marina etc. back in the day. An old relic of a lump but it was fairly good.

·
Banned
Mondeo MK 3 2.2 TDCI Ghia X
697 Posts
I believe this was as you say a b series with an aluminium head and a few other alterations. I had this engine in my Rover SD1 and had total respect for it. Considering the weight of the car, the engine pulled quite well and was reliable.
I had a few problems with the ancillaries plus the gearbox, but never with the engine.
I look back at these British engines and think what could have been????

·
Super Moderator
31,434 Posts
Forgot they had the 2L option. I had a 2.6 and several V8's.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Apparently this rover can do 65mph in 2nd gear..my mondog can manage 55mph??.
Thank's for the pointer
Always forget about google, jesus stuck in my old way's.
Does not like pootling when cold, got a slightly rasppy sound, is still on it's original back box, i have replaced the pipe between the cat and rear box, air filter seems newish, goes really well at 3000rpm and the steering is weightier than the mondogs,and does not turn in as well as the mondog does, like it is a bit under assisted...
Hate the fact it has a nice tilt/slide eleccy sunroof and the mondog does not wierdly..

·
Super Moderator
31,434 Posts
Its the little things on older cars that make you wonder why new cars don't

have them fitted.

K reg Rover 800 Coming home lights, mirrors dip when reverse is selected.

E Reg Rover 800 had a lockable boot release, stops someone breaking the window

and gaining access to the boot.

SD1 was massive, drop the rear seats and recline the front passenger seat and

full length scaffold poles fitted and you could close the boot.

121 - 140 of 158 Posts