Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
TalkFord is Arse, Bring back MEG!
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a complete Si interior the other day from Mr T (AKA Rick) only put the two front seats in yesterday as I want to see what there like on long hauls, if they hurt my back or not etc etc.

So far its mixed, missus don't like them and only driving a few miles down the road, but in the ghia seats I used to slouch in them where as these you have to sit a bit more upright. But jumped in the car this morning an they seem more comfy?! Even the missus said the same.

Couple of q's though are they ment to be higher than the normal seats? My head seems closer to the roof and the handbrake isn't to easy to get your hand round as the lower bolster is right by the side, or it could be my big legs pushing it closer.

In peoples opinion on here who have gone from normal seats to the Si/ST24 bucket style what do ya think, which are better? :thankyousign:

·
Yo
3,632 Posts
Well obviously I prefer the si seats :}

You will get used to the fact the handbrake is sort of blocked by the seat, feels perfectly normal after a while.

I think they may be higher than the ghia seats if the ghia ones adjusted electric up and down, because the ghia seats actually go up and down, whereas the si seats tilt, which I much prefer as it gives more under leg support.

:)

·
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was prob the same when I had my ST TBH, just I had fat man leather seats in then the sinking Ghia seats, as I said driving it today felt alot better, gotta do a fair few miles this week so will see how she goes :L

·
ST200 Limited Ghia X
6,513 Posts
ive had allsorts of seats:
standard cloth
standard leather
si recaro style
and st200 recaro's

im a big lad 6ft 2 and 19st and i find the standard seat to be the best, whether it is in cloth or leather doesnt matter. its far more comfy sitting the way you want, rather than sitting the way the seat contours are. and in my experience the si has some crazy contours that my back couldnt handle, the st200 ones are similar but not quite as bad.I should probably just loose some weight lol :L

·
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Similar kind of prob to you mate, 6'7ft an 23st

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
i cant stand seats that hug u makes driving feel restrictive.

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
nah i disagree i found standard seats ok in mk1 and mk2, leather seats were better and these cloth seats in my mk3 are the best but idont like them being cloth, they have the best back support out of all 3 marks.

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
im 6ft and slim lol

·
MEG resident lightbulb changer
1,038 Posts
I'm 7ft and 17stone (last time I checked) and I upgraded my seats to Si seats as the standerd ones did my back in. And I can tell they're are a big improvement, the lumbar support does make it a lot more comfortable. Also the bolsters are great for keeping you in your seat when you chuck it around corners :D .

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
mikesmondy said:
Looks like it's just a personal taste thing then!
yeah probably thats why i dont like hugging boxer shorts aswell probably :}

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.